Visitor parking permits and visitor parking spaces are intended solely for individuals not associated with Middlebury College. Students, Faculty and Staff members do not qualify for visitor or guest parking permits.
Currently there are limitations on the number of available visitor parking spaces near the center of campus. Visitor parking is allowed in some faculty and staff lots, but the visitor may only find limited spaces available. We encourage all visitors to take advantage of available visitor parking in Q Lot at the Mahaney Center for the Arts. Additional information about event parking is listed below.
Weekday Campus Visitor
Visitors and guests coming to campus Mon.-Fri. between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. should display a College parking permit to avoid being ticketed. Temporary parking permits may be obtained from the Access and Parking Services Office within Public Safety (for office hours, see the Access and Parking Services Offices web page).
All guest vehicles must be registered with the Department of Public Safety. Students, College offices and departments that host visitors are responsible for acquainting their guests with the parking regulations. Students are responsible for their guests' vehicles while they are on Middlebury College property. Departments hosting a special event on a weekday should notify Public Safety in advance.
Special Events - Visitor Parking
Middlebury College often hosts events open to the public, such as concerts and athletic games. These visitors do not need to acquire a parking permit for evening and weekend events.
For some conferences or overnight events, special parking areas may be designatined and special placards may be distributed for event use. Placards are created by Public Safety and are handed out at event registration. Examples: Fall Family Weekend,
Overnight Visitor or Guest - Parking Pass
Any guest of the College, or guest of a student, planning to park a vehicle on campus overnight must register the vehicle with the Department of Public Safety during the Access and Parking Services Office business hours.
The only location on campus for overnight guest parking is the Mahaney Center for the Arts parking lot, visitor section. If the Access and Parking Services Office is closed, the guest vehicle can be parked in the CFA Visitor section without displaying a guest parking permit.
Guests parking in any location on campus other than the visitor section of the CFA will result in the vehicle being ticketed, towed and/or booted.
Student Life Residential Guest - Application Form
- All guests must be registered with Middlebury for the duration of their stay. Personal guests must be registered through the online form.
- Guests who are staying in a student’s room as part of an official College program must be registered in advance through the appropriate department:
- Prospective student: Office of Admissions
- Athletics recruit or player: Athletics
- Student organization: Student Activities
- Students in double/triple rooms, suites, house and townhouses must obtain the consent of their roommate/suitemates before registering their guest. Roommates and Commons staff will be informed of the registration of the guest automatically.