On Financial Challenges
“Although we are in a relatively strong position compared to most institutions, the impact of the current turmoil in the markets is now being felt throughout higher education. Nobody is immune.”
— President Ronald D. Liebowitz
Our goals: 1) share information about the financial challenges facing Middlebury due to the global economic slowdown and 2) solicit suggestions from our extended family.
- February 2010: President Liebowitz gives a special address to the Middlebury Community, followed by a memo about the February meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- January 2010: An extensive survey of faculty, staff, students, and alumni on financial issues:
- Our online financial calculator helps to see how adjustments in one area affect other areas, and the bottom line.
- Frequently Asked Questions about College finances.
- Share your thoughts on how Middlebury can cope with current financial challenges at our online suggestion box.
- October 2009: Watch a video of a presentation on College finances by President Ron Liebowitz and Vice President/CFO Patrick Norton.