The Winter Term 2015 Courses will be posted
on October 29, 2014
Winter Term 2015 registration will take place November 3-5. Access to on-line registration is dependent on the number of credits earned or in progress. Note: Your status for Winter Term registration assumes the successful completion of Fall 2014 courses, but does not include credit earned through testing such as AP and IB. After Winter Term registration, your status will be calculated again for Spring. Registration details are available at http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/academic/records/registration
Students with 8-16 credits earned or in progress register on the first day of Winter Term (WT) registration. Students with 3-7 credits earned or in progress register on day two. Students who have 17-36+ credits earned or in progress register on the final day of Winter Term registration.
Register for your top choice course. When you press “Submit Changes”, you will know immediately if you have been registered in that course. You may change your choice at any time during your registration window. But be careful. If you try to get back into a course in which you were previously enrolled, it may already be closed to you because of other student registrations.
If you missed the WT registration period, you may add or drop a course on-line beginning with the Add/Drop period on November 6; this on-line access will continue through November 14.
Winter Term (WT) Calendar
Oct. 29, Wednesday: WT course catalog & schedule available on the Web.
Oct. 31, Friday: Deadline to apply to departments for approval-required courses, theses, or independent projects.
Nov. 3, Monday: WT registration begins for students who have earned 8 - 16 credits by the end of Fall ’14.
Nov. 4, Tuesday: WT registration begins for students who have earned 3 - 7 credits by the end of Fall ’14.
Nov. 5, Wednesday: WT registration begins for students who have earned 17 – 36+ credits by the end of Fall ’14.
Nov. 6, Thursday: Add/Drop begins for WT Courses.
Nov. 14, Friday: On-line add/drop closes at 5:00 p.m.; add cards can be used until Jan. 7, 2015.
Registration opens for each new registration window at 7:00 a.m. Eastern/Vermont Time. You may also register for non-credit PHED classes during Winter Term. Refer to http://www.middlebury.edu/athletics/schedules for more information.
Jan. 5, Monday: WT begins.
Jan. 7, Wednesday: Add/Drop Period ends.
v If you wish to take an approval-required course, you must obtain approval from the appropriate department by October 31.
v Registration for independent projects is ongoing until the Add deadline.
v Applications for Internships were due October 24.
v Once approved as noted above, you MUST register on the Web to be enrolled in the course.
A. Prepare to register
- Review the Winter Term Catalog.
- Identify courses that interest you.
- Select your top choices.
- Note the five-digit Course Reference Number (CRN) of your selections. The CRN is used to register.
- Read detailed information about BannerWeb registration on the Registrar’s Office Web page.
- Have the following information available when you register:
- User ID number—the 8-digit number on your MiddCard, in bold;
- BannerWeb PIN—your unique PIN;
- Course Reference Number (CRN)—the five-digit numbers that identify your top choice courses
B. To access the BannerWeb Registration
- From Middlebury College’s home page, <http://www.middlebury.edu>, click on “BannerWeb" under the Quick Links Menu at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your UserID and PIN.
- Select the "Student Records & Registration" link.
- Select the "Registration" link.
- Select the "Register or Add / Drop Classes" link.
- You will be prompted to enter the term for which you wish to add courses (i.e., register).
- Select "Winter 2015".
- Enter/Add the CRN for your first choice course. If there are multiple sections for the course (i.e., lecture and lab) you will need to enter the CRN for each section of the course.
- Select "Submit Changes" to register for the course.
- Confirm that your course status = "Registered" before exiting BannerWeb.
- If you receive an error message or course closed message, select another CRN or attempt to rectify the error and then Submit Changes and confirm course status = "Registered" before exiting BannerWeb.