Tips for preparing for online registration
Take a look at the three videos linked below. They were prepared to help new first-year students prepare for web registration.
Note: Fall 2016 First-Year Students will need an Alternate PIN to access registration. You will receive your Alternate PIN when you meet with your advisor on campus during orientation.
Take advantage of the prerequisite checking round in BannerWeb: available Friday, August 26, 2016 through noon on Thursday, September 8, 2016.
Beginning August 26, you can access BannerWeb registration to assess your courses to determine if you need to request overrides for any of the stated prerequisites or other restrictions.
- Select "Register or Add/Drop Classes" from the Registration menu in BannerWeb.
- Select the "Fall 2016 Round 1-Chck PreReqs" term from the dropdown list.
- On the Add/Drop classes worksheet, enter the Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) of the courses you are interested in taking. The CRNs may be found on the Course Schedule at: http://go.middlebury.edu/courses?fall
- Note that your First-Year Seminar is already listed here and cannot be changed.
Important Information about Prerequisites
Please be sure to check the prerequisites for the courses in your proposed schedule; prerequisites are shown in the course description in the online catalog. If you are meeting a prerequisite through AP, be sure your score has been recorded by checking your record in BannerWeb. If it is not there, you will need to receive an override from the department prior to registration. If you are meeting a prerequisite with other high school work or through IB, you will need to receive a waiver in order to register online.
Registering for Labs, Drills, and Screenings
Some courses have required labs, drills, or screenings which you must register for when you add the course.
The list of courses requiring labs, discussions, and drills can be found here:
Quick Overview of Web Registration. Registration for First Years begins at 3:00 pm on Thursday, September 8:
- Log in to BannerWeb
- Click Student Records & Registration
- Click Registration
- Click Register or Add/Drop Classes
- Select Registration Term (Fall 2016)
- Enter your 4-digit Alternate PIN given to you by your advisor
- Enter CRNs (5-digit Course Reference Numbers) for courses you plan to take
- Click Submit Changes
- If you see **Registered** - you are in the class!