Independent Contractors and Other Visitors

Any person invited by Middlebury College or the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey to teach, perform, provide a lecture or other service or come as a workshop or conference participant on campus or off campus needs to fill out certain forms no matter whether they will get paid and/or reimbursed or not. See below for further details or use this chart. For information on how these payments are treated for tax purposes see the Tax Office website.

Office of the Controller

Controller's Office, Suite 102
152 Maple Street
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT  05753