COVID-19: Essential Information

Facilities FAQs / Who do I call for ...?

(Click on the desired heading for answers!)


The Department of Public Safety is staffed 24/7 and can reach Facilities Services personnel after hours when necessary. Call Public Safety at 443-5911 for emergencies only! Public Safety's number for non-urgent business is 443-5133.

Air Conditioning

Please review the College’s Thermal Comfort Policy.

Bed Bug Concerns


If you suspect bedbugs in your room, please visit the Health Center’s web site to review and initiate “Student Procedures.” If bed bugs are confirmed your prompt action will help the College quell the spread and eliminate the problem. Click here for general information on bedbugs and prevention tips for travelers.

Bicycle Storage - Where can I store my bicycle?

See the College Handbook: Residential College Policies, College Storage Policies and Procedures, article 1b (Bicycles).

Bike Lock Removal

Please contact the Department of Public Safety at 443-5133, unless it is a kryptonite lock. For kryptonite locks you may contact Facilities Services to arrange an appointment with a Locksmith. You will be asked to provide your ID number. There is a labor fee for this service.

Computer Network Problems

Contact the LIS Helpdesk at 443-2200.

Dorm Damage Billing Questions

The dorm damage billing system is administered by The Commons.  All questions about student damage bills should be directed to your Commons Office. Review current billing guidelines.

Event Scheduling & Planning (including equipment and set-up needs)

Please visit the Department of Event Management web site.

Hazardous Waste Disposal (chemicals, batteries, propane cylinders)

Students should contact Facilities Services at 443-5472 for current information.  

Faculty should contact the Director of Sciences Support Services at 443-5421.


Please see our Heating/Cooling page for info on heating season, temperature settings, how to operate dorm heating systems, and how to report heating problems.

Maintenance Requests

Maintenance and Operations offers a wide range of services including:
•    Carpentry
•    Cleaning
•    Delivery Service
•    Electrical Repairs
•    Grounds Maintenance
•    Heating, Air Conditioning, and Ventilation Maintenance
•    Interior and Exterior Painting
•    Locksmithing
•    Pest Control  
•    Plumbing
•    Recycling & Waste Management
•    Snow Removal

Please see Maintenance and Operations Services.

Students, please direct all maintenance requests to your RA, CRA, Commons Office, or Senior Residence Director.

Office Moves

Please work through your Department Coordinator to facilitate office moves.

Package Delivery

Facilities Services will make on campus package deliveries for faculty and staff upon request. Please note: individual packages should not exceed 50 lbs in weight. Same day requests are difficult to honor, so please allow 24 hours notice. Regular mail and intercampus envelopes should be placed in your department's outgoing campus mail box for processing by the Student Mail Center.
Place a request online.

Paper Orders (office copier and fax paper)

     W.B Mason is Middlebury's preferred paper supplier per our contract via the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC).  When you order paper through them, they will deliver directly to the location specified when submitting an order.

888-926-2766, ext. 8869

     If you have questions about the contract, contact Cheryl Foster, or 802-443-2321.  You can also find more W.B. Mason information on the GMHEC purchasing website.

Parking Questions

Visit Public Safety's web site for current info on Parking guidelines, permitting, and visitor parking.

Rental Housing

Please visit the Business Services web site or email .

Restroom Supplies (toilet paper, soap, paper towels)
Safety Issues

Safety concerns that can be addressed through repair work should be reported to Facilities Services.
Place a request online.

Other concerns should be reported to the campus Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at 443-5726.

Telephone Trouble

Contact Telephone Services at 443-2200 or

Unlocking (when locked out of a building / office / dorm room)

Please contact the Department of Public Safety, 443-5133. If an officer is unavailable to assist, Public Safety will contact our locksmiths.

Vehicle Rentals

Please review our Vehicle Rentals site.