Updating Applicant Statuses
As search committees and/or hiring managers review and evaluate applicants the hiring manager should move applicant records into different statuses based on their current state in the recruitment process. Applicant correspondence is an automated process in PeopleAdmin and occurs based on these status updates, so it is really important for hiring managers to manage their applicant statuses throughout the hiring process and not just when the hiring campaign is complete.
- Log in to PeopleAdmin by going to: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/hr
- Navigate to the Applicant Tracking module (if applicable) by clicking in the drop down list below the PeopleAdmin logo on the right hand side of your screen. The header of the screen should be blue.
- Select the Hiring Manager user type and click the refresh button next the user type field.
- Click on the Postings tab at the top of your screen. All of your active job postings should now be listed at the bottom of the screen. Click on the posting for which you wish to review candidates.
- Click on the Applicants tab.
- Click on the applicant record for whom you wish to update a status.
- Click on the orange button in the upper right hand section of the applicant view screen labeled “Take Action on Job Application”
- Select the status that you wish to move this candidate to. Please note: candidates who are moved into the “Not Interviewed, Not Hired” will receive an IMMEDIATE email message. All other changes in status will not send an email notification until the hiring campaign is complete and the position has been filled.
- When you select the status a Take Action dialog box will appear that confirms the status change. Click the Submit button.
- To return to view the rest of the applicants. Click the text “Applicant Review” at the top of the screen. These are called “breadcrumbs” and allow you to navigate from within a process.
- Repeat steps 6 – 10 for each applicant that you wish to change statuses for. Please plan to continue this process as your search progresses.
Updating Applicant Statuses as a Group
In addition to updating applicants' status individually, you can also update applicants' status in bulk. To do so:
- Go to your posting and click on the applicants tab.
- Select all of the applicants that you did not hire and wish to move in the workflow by clicking on the check box to the left of their name.
- Click the Actions button above the list of applicants on the right hand side of your screen.
- Select the appropriate workflow for each applicant from the drop down list. When you select a “Not Hired” option you will also be prompted to enter a Reason from the drop down list.
- When you have updated all of your applicants click the orange “Save Changes” button at the bottom of your screen.