Employment Eligibility

Unless restricted by certain visa status, all students are eligible for all on campus jobs, regardless of their financial status. International students (non-resident aliens) may not work off campus unless they have applied for and received work authorization form the United States government. (An F-1 visa does not give work authorization). Off campus work study positions are available only to U.S. citizens on financial aid with a federal work study component.

All student employees are limited to working no more than 20 hours per week in on campus jobs during the academic year.  The only exception is when there is a full week when school is not in session.  Specifically, February recess, Spring recess, Summer recess, and full weeks of December recess.  During these time periods only, students can work up to 40 hours per week.

Important Employment Documents

All students are required to complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form and a W-4 federal tax withholding form at the Student Employment Office. Some International students will complete an 8233 form through the Windstar FNIS online program.

The below PDF is a list of acceptable documents (mandated by the Department of Homeland Security) necessary to complete the I-9 form.  Please note that the documents you choose to provide must be unexpired and we must see them in their original form; photocopies cannot be accepted. Bring these documents with you when you come to the Student Employment Office to complete this paperwork. Students cannot work or be paid until this paperwork has been completed; you will receive a 'blue card' once you are eligible to work on campus.

Click below for a complete list of acceptable documents: