The MiddCard is an official form of identification at Middlebury College. You should protect the card just like a credit card, driver's license or other valuable piece of identification.  You are expected to take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized use. The cards are the property of the college and should be presented or surrendered to college staff upon request.

During your time at Middlebury, you will find that using you MiddCard will be an important aspect of your daily life. Students are required to carry their identification card at all times.  The card qualifies a student for all privileges afforded to College ID holders, allows students to identify themselves to College officials, and gives them access to residence halls controlled by the Enhanced Access System.

For information on the  Preferred Name project and how it might affect your card please click on the following link: http://www.middlebury.edu/studentlife/diversity/preferredname

Card Care and Replacement

It is important to keep your card with you at all times and protect your card from damage as much as possible.  In the event that your card is lost or damaged, contact the Department of Public Safety Office ASAP.  If you find your card it will require that you visit the Department of Public Safety Office with your MiddCard to reactivate your card.  Please note that you will need to keep your card in a safe place while you are away from campus. You will need your card when you return.

  • Email or call the Department of Public Safety to report lost card.
  • Lost or Damaged card fee $20.00.  Replacement cards can be purchased online via credit card by clicking here.

Temporary Access Cards

A temporary access card can be issued to a cardholder who has lost or forgotten his or her access card.  The temporary card will be issued by the Department of Public Safety, and will be valid for a period of time not to exceed three days.  Temporary cards deactivate automatically after three days and will no longer open doors to buildings.  There is a $20.00 fine for failing to return a temporary card to Public Safety within three days  The fine can be paid online via credit card by clicking here.