The College provides parking privileges to all members of the College Community in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Peripheral parking for students.
- Spaces within a 5-7 minute walk for faculty and staff.
- To keep fire lanes clear at all times.
- To provide a safe environment by prohibiting parking on sides
of roads, walkways and lawns.
- To administer all parking regulations through fair, direct and
All faculty, staff and enrolled students (including students living off campus) are eligible to park on the campus. All vehicles must be registered with the Department of Public Safety and display a valid permit.
Vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas in accordance with the displayed parking decal and the parking rules. The parking rules and regulations are in effect at all times throughout the year to include summer, all breaks, weekends and holidays.
The Department of Public Safety has the responsibility of enforcing campus parking regulations on a 24-hour, 365 days a year basis.
Middlebury College is not responsible for thefts or damage that may occur to an automobile while parked on campus.
Visitors to the campus are expected to park appropriately and are required to have a parking pass if parked overnight.