COVID-19: Essential Information

Loan Exit Counseling

Federal Student Aid Loan Exit Counseling Guide

Loan Exit Counseling PowerPoint

If you have borrowed from the Federal Direct Loan and/or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan programs and you are graduating, on a leave of absence or enrolled less than half-time, federal regulations and college policy require you to complete loan exit counseling.

You must complete the loan exit counseling requirement for Federal Direct Loan and Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loans by visiting the  Click on the "Exit Counseling" button at the bottom.  You will need to provide updated contact information, information regarding next of kin and two separate personal references.  Middlebury will be notified electronically when you complete the process.

If you have borrowed Middlebury College Loans or Federal Perkins Loans, you must complete a separate exit counseling by visiting ECSI.

Loan Exit Counseling sessions are offered at the end of semester, prior to graduation.

Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group

If you are in dispute about your federal student loan, contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group as a last resort.

The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.

Resolving Disputes 

Student Financial Services

Service Building
84 South Service Road
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753
P: 802.443.5158
F: 802.443.2065