Outages & Alerts
This Sunday morning during our established maintenance window between 6 am and 10 am EDT we will be upgrading a number of essential switches in the path between our network core and our Internet service providers. During this period there will be as many 7 Internet connectivity outages each lasting between 5 and 20 minutes.
We will be also be upgrading our wireless network infrastructure this Sunday morning from approximately 7:30 until 9:00 am EDT. During this period each WAP on campus will reboot causing a few minutes service interruption for the area it serves – the WAPs will reboot across campus at different times as their supporting controllers are upgraded.
We appreciate your patience as this essential work is completed.
This Sunday morning during our maintenance window of 6 am until 10 am we will be upgrading a number of network switches that provide connectivity to buildings throughout the Middlebury campus. There will be about a 15 minute interruption of network access as each network switch is upgraded.
The affected locations are:
220 College St
30 College St
BiHall (this building will be completed before 7:30 am)
Public Safety (this building will be completed before 7:30 am)
All Banner systems ( INB & SSB/web) are currently unavailable. We have Ellucian technicians working on the problem and will update you as we know more and when the systems are back and available for use.
Associate Dean & Director, Enterprise Applications
Library & Information Services, Middlebury College
The Wiley Online Library is non-functional for us and for other libraries around the country. There has not been any official notification from Wiley, so I cannot predict when access will be restored. When I know more, I will add an update in a comment to this post.
We have received a message from Remote-Learner, our Moodle hosting company, that they will be doing some maintenance to improve the security of the service. Expect disruptions in service between 1-6am on Saturday, February 16th.
Dear Valued Client,
In order to install new security upgrades and additional security features, Remote-Learner’s IT technical support division has planned a five-hour maintenance. During the maintenance period internet connectivity may be briefly disrupted several times on February 16th from 1:00 am EST to 6:00 am EST.
The new upgrades and security features will provide additional hosting security for clients. Ultimately, we believe that you will be pleased with the security updates, and we ask in advance that you accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may experience. We welcome your feedback on our efforts to continue to provide quality customer service and we request that you direct any questions and concerns related to this scheduled maintenance to Remote-Learner’s support division.
The Remote-Learner Team
The telephone outage that began early this afternoon was cleared as of approximately 3:30pm. If you are still experiencing problems, please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is happening during this time? We have scheduled a Load Test to be run against our production Banner Web system. During the system load test personnel from Middlebury College will work in conjunction with technicians at Ellucian to simultaneously Load Test and Performance Tune our Banner Database Server and the Banner Web (SSB) environments. To facilitate the testing all users must log out of Banner and remain logged out beginning at 9pm Eastern Time (6pm Pacific) each night until 3am Eastern Time(12 am Pacific) the following morning. Any user remaining in the system after 9pm ETwill be forcibly logged out by systems administration.
We appreciate your patience & cooperation as we continually strive for improved performance on these critical systems.
Associate Dean, LIS
Director Enterprise Applications
This Sunday morning we’re planning the following activities:
(1) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll be applying some security patches to the Library server “zeppo”. We expect a less than 10 minute outage of the following services: MiddCat, My MiddCat, Ilsley cataglog, Sheldon catalog, the Millennium client used by library staff.
(2) Between 6:30 and 7:30 we’ll upgrade the Service Building network connection to 10 Gbps from 1 Gbps . This will interrupt all network services to the Service Building for less than 20 minutes.
(3) Between 7:00 and 8:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections for Stewart. This will interrupt all network services Stewart for less than 10 minutes.
(4) Between 7:00 and 9:00 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections and switch out some associated infrastructure for McCullough. This will interrupt all network services to McCullough for 2 less than 10 minute periods.
(5) Between 7:30 and 9:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections that provide connectivity to the large dorms on the north side of campus. This will interruption all network connections to these buildings 2-3 times for less than 2 minutes each.
(6) Between 7:30 and 9:30 we’ll re-route the network fiber connections that provide connectivity to BiHall. This will interrupt all network connections to BiHall for less than 2 minutes.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to enhance the performance and reliability of our IT infrastructure.