Whether you'd like to improve your existing videoconferencing experience or are planning on using videoconferencing for a new initiative, you've come to the right place!
In the past year, Media Services has enhanced our existing videoconferencing rooms and added more portable, high quality solutions. In addition, we've implemented easy to use videoconferencing software and a videoconferencing bridge that allows up to 40 participants in a single call! Moreover, we have configured and enhanced our network to increase reliability and quality.
Examples of how you can use videoconferencing
Here are some ways in which we've helped our community use videoconferencing:
- Bring a guest speaker into your classroom.
- Collaborate with courses at other institutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues regardless of where they are.
- Be a guest speaker elsewhere.
- Provide services to faculty, staff and students without geographical boundaries. For example, you can provide remote training sessions at Monterey, DC and beyond.
- Work with with students, faculty and staff abroad, at Monterey, in DC, Breadloaf or in offices across town.
What can Media Services do to help with your videoconferencing needs?
We offer a wide variety of videoconferencing services:
- Permanently-equipped videoconferencing rooms (see our list of rooms here).
- Portable videoconferencing carts (see the list of portable options here).
- Help with installation and use of videoconferencing software (it's easy and reliable). Check our Polycom Software page for more information.
- Videoconferencing bridge and group calls. You get your own secure, virtual videoconferencing room. Contact us for more info.
- Consultation services: Planning a small or big meeting? Not sure what room to use? Need higher quality equipment? We're here to help!
- We also provide:
- Hands-on support for your meetings, be it large or small.
- One-on-one or group training.
- Plug and play setups that you can use with minimal effort and training.
- Help with finding solutions for equipping your existing office, meeting room or classroom with high quality videoconferencing.
Note: We recommend giving us at least five (5) business days notice so we can ensure the success of your videoconferencing. We take pride in our work and want you to have the best, most reliable experience!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.