PaperCut - Managing Your Account
PaperCut is a system to track printing and copying, which is used to bill student and guest accounts, as well as to provide data for printer management and planning. It is the system students and guests use to:
- View an account balance
- See recent account activity
- Add funds to an account
- Request a refund when a printer or copier is reported as malfunctioning.
Any browser will get to go/PaperCut or https://papercut.middlebury.edu/user.
To log on, users must authenticate using their network login credentials:
You will be presented with your account summary and may perform specific tasks such as:
Displays your balance history in detail. You can review how, when, and why your balance was affected.
Recent Print Jobs
Lists recent print jobs in sequential order and includes the document’s name, number of pages, printer used, date and time, as well as their cost. It is here you may request a refund by
- identifying the job in question,
- going to the Status column, and
- clicking the Request Refund link.
Refunds are corroborated by machine malfunction reports.
Jobs Pending Release
Allows you to review
- the cost of a job before releasing it
- view print jobs in your queue
- cancel print jobs
Printing from Your Own Computer
All print jobs processed through Web Print will be duplexed. Web Print supports the following file formats:
Application File Format
Adobe Reader 9
Microsoft Office Excel 2007
XLS, XLSX, etc...
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
PPT, PPTX, etc...
Microsoft Office Word 2007
DOC, DOCX. etc...
Microsoft XPS Viewer
The Web Printing process is:
- Click Submit a Job
- Select the printer name from the list provided
NOTE: When a printer is out of order it does not appear in the list of available printers.
- Click 2. Print Options and Account Selection
- Enter number of copies you want to print
- Click 3. Upload Document
- Use the Browse button to find the document
- Click Upload & Complete button
Your document is sent to the print release station.
Once Status changes to “finished: queued for printing”
- Go to a printer release station
- Sign into the print release station with your PaperCut credentials
- Locate you print job
- Release it to the printer
While on campus, allows you to add funds to your account by using a credit card.
- Change Select the amount to the amount you want to add to your account
- Click Add Value.
- A Middlebury payment form opens.
- Complete the form
- Click Pay Now to complete your transaction.
Remember to click Logout to protect your account and personal information.