COVID-19 Updates: Fall Semester

Review your Room & Submit Work Orders

It is advisable when a resident moves in and out of a room that they carefully check the condition of the space and all the college furnishings.  If any faults or missing items are discovered, they should immediately contact the Commons office which oversees that property (see the Residential Floorplans webpage for details) and have the concern documented.  Failure to have concerns documented could result in the resident being held responsible.

Residents are expected to leave spaces in the same condition in which they werre found.

Things do break and get damaged - through general wear and tear, accidents and sometimes as the result of poor decisions.  Individuals should notify their Res Life representatives of any needed repairs and if appropriate take responsibility.

The College Residential Life Damage/Billing System brochure is updated and publicized annually by the Office of Facilities Services. The brochure is intended as a guideline to provide the approximate cost of repair to frequently damaged items on campus. Actual costs may vary due to the complexity of the repair and actual cost of materials.

Policies on vandalism, theft of furnishings and theft of services may be viewed in the Middlebury College Handbook.

The residential damage billing system is administered by the appropriate Commons office which oversees a property or the Office of the Dean of Students.   All questions about student damage bills should be directed to your Commons Coordinator.