Ross Commons Council
The mission of Ross's Commons Council is to enhance social, intellectual, and artistic life for Ross students. The council serves as a self-governing body for students, and it supports individual Ross student initiatives by allocating portions of the student activities fee to causes that have passed a majority vote by council members. All students in Ross are a part of the council, and all are able to come to the meetings to vote. Participation in commons council is up to the individual student, but all are welcome!
Ross council meetings are held every Monday night at 7pm in the Ross Commons Office conference room.
The Council Chairs
Commons chairs run commons council meetings, plan commons events, and work closely with the residential life staff to create a vibrant community. Collectively, the chairs of the five commons make up the InterCommons Council (ICC) which allows for activity planning to occur between the commons. Chairs can support individual student initiatives, so contact them if you have a great idea that you'd like to see happen.
Ross CC Liaison's
Past Ross Council Events:
- Fireplace Cafe (FPC) -fire and spice
- CTLR Peer Writing Tutor in the Commons
- Ross Tie Die Day
- Apple Picking
- Commons Creep
- S'mores and Bonfire at the Organic Garden
- Ross Talent Show
- Ross Assassins
- Viva Ross Vegas
- Winter Carnival Fireworks Show
- The Night Kite Revival Slam Poetry Event
- Family Style Dinners in Atwater Dining Hall
- Give-away Tickets to CFA Performances
- Evenings in the Commons Head's House