We want to help fund your project.

We often meet with students and faculty who have amazing ideas for projects with communities they know and love but a lack of financial resources holds them back. We can help with that. One of the most important pieces of our work at Community Engagement is to facilitate funding for community-connected projects by students and faculty. CE helps fund these projects through four main programs:

  1. CE mini-grants
  2. SCB Flex Fund
  3. Academic Outreach Endowment grants
  4. Cross Cultural Community Service grants

See the left-hand navigation bar for links about AOE and CCCS grants. See below for details about mini-grants and the Flex Fund. If you have any questions, please reach out to Tiffany Sargent by email or phone, 802-443-5082.

CE mini-grants

This mini-grant program is for student initiatives involving community action. Community Engagement helps students fund independent activities and/or projects that are not otherwise fully funded by another department or student organization. Applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of the proposed activity or project.

Past mini-grant awards have included funding for conference fees, transportation, project supplies, postage, film screening rights, and community-based research-project expenses.

To apply for funding, please complete the following forms.

Please note: mini-grant funding is not available for summer initiatives. For all international internships and service work, please apply for Cross-Cultural Community Service Fund Grants rather than Community Engagement Mini-Grants.

SCB Flex Fund

The student-led Service Cluster Board provides "flexible funding" from the SGA Finance Committee for student volunteer initiatives. Download the Flex Fund application to read the guidelines and submit your request. Questions? Feel free to get in touch with the Service Cluster Board directly!

Please note: this funding is available for academic year initiatives but not summer projects. If your summer project has a strong cross-cultural component, a CCCS grant may be appropriate.

Important note

In most cases, with the exception of the Flex Fund, funding that is provided to a student as a grant or as reimbursement for personal and/or travel expenses is considered aid, therefore taxable income.


If the funding opportunities above fall outside the scope of what you or your organization needs, read what Student Life has to say about fundraising on campus. Be sure to read the guidelines carefully about student fundraising on campus—many restrictions apply. For more information feel free to reach out to the SGA Finance Committee directly.