On Line Draws
Updated for 2013 Spring Term Room Draw
On-Line Large and Small Block Draw Hints
Reminder: A change of residence without authorization may result in disciplinary action
NOTE: If applicants DO NOT get awarded a space in one draw, i.e. Large Block, as of the end of that draw the slate is wiped clean and all members of the original group are free to regroup and submit applications in subsequent draws, i.e. Small Block, Singles or Doubles.
1) Pick ONE representative for your group (for all size blocks you plan to apply for), that person should log-in and "create" your group's applications.
a. Only the group representative can "create" and "delete" application(s).
b) The group rep enters housing applications by signing on to their Self Service BANNER (SSB) page (use the "Quick Links/BANNER Web links on the bottom of any College web page), and accessing the housing applications under the housing tab on their personal information tab. Only the link to the process for which applications are being accepted will be visible, i.e. Large Block, Small Block, etc.
2) All other members of the group can "view" the applications, but can't create additional applications. Members should not log-in to their own BANNER page to view the applications until ALL size blocks have been applied for.
3) A Group Representative MUST NOT use a student's name on an application without prior consent. Doing so is a violation of College policy and could result in disciplinary action.
4) Group Representatives: It may be helpful to open two browsers when creating applications; one for the banner web applications and one for the floor plans, go/floorplans.
5) WITHIN EITHER THE LARGE OR SMALL BLOCK DRAW, the same group rep can apply for different size suites/blocks with members of that same initial group. A subset of the initial group can apply for smaller size blocks, but cannot include anyone not in the initial group.
a. Also, anyone in the initial group who is not included in the subset cannot be in any other group (with a different rep).
b. NOTE: It is suggested that the rep start out by applying to the largest size block your group is interested in, and then to the next smallest size. Ex., in the Small Block process if you have a group of 5, the rep should create an application for a group of 5. If your group is also interested in applying for a block of 4, the rep should then create an application for a group of 4; then for a block of 3 (where applicable).
6) Within the same draw process, (i.e. Large Block, Small Block, Doubles), members/representatives CANNOT be a part of two separate groups (w/different group reps). Meaning: if you are in a group with one person designated as the group rep you cannot be in another separate group with a different rep.
7) If you are in one or more of these categories below for the Fall Term you are INELIGIBLE to participate in room draw:
i. Scheduled to live in a social house, superblock, interest house or off campus;
ii. Scheduled to participate in an Off-Campus Study program;
iii. Scheduled to be withdrawn;
iv. Scheduled to be a Special Student or 9th semester Teacher's Ed student
v. Have committed to a Res Life position: Resident Assistant (RA) , Community Assistant (CA), or First Year Counselor (FYC)
vi. Have an overdue tuition balance - contact the Student Financial Services office if you have questions.
If you fall into one of these categories, submission of an application with your name on it will not go through. If, by chance your application is submitted, your group will forfeit any block awarded and all members of the group will be then placed in summer draw
8) Group representatives will apply for suites/blocks based on SIZE; once you pick a size (ex. 10, 7, 5, 4, 3), you will then be able to view and select by preference all available suites/blocks of that SIZE for which your group is eligible.
a. Example: there are 29 available quads in Atwater Halls A and B and 13 in LaForce A and B, you can number your suite preferences 1 through 42 or just choose the spaces for which your group is interested.
b. Hint: DO NOT hit "Enter" when indicating preferences (1, 2, 3, 4...). "Enter" acts as the "Submit" button. Use the Tab or the mouse to click to your next option.
c. Hint: If you hold the cursor arrow over the DORM CODES the appropriate building name will appear.
9) As has been the case in past years, suites/blocks will be assigned by larger to smaller size within the Large Block (6-10 pp), and then the Small Block (3-5 pp) draw.
10) Every student will receive a confirmation e-mail which will list every block (by size) application on which their name appears. Please read these e-mails to ensure the accuracy of the group members. If you didn't intend for your name to be included on someone's application, make sure you let them know so they can delete the application.
11) Whenever possible applications should be submitted at the start of a draw's application submission period so any problems can be dealt with in a timely manner.
12) On-line Room Draws are NOT first-come/first-serve processes.