First Time Athletic Participant Clearance Procedures
All students who are trying out for either an intercollegiate team or Crew and Rugby must complete the following check list before they will be eligible to participate.
1) All new students are required to have an entrance physical conducted at home by a physician using the College Physical form. To be eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics, club rugby and crew the physician must also sign and return the Athletic Supplemental Form. Without these completed forms you will not be able to practice or play in games with the team. You can contact Parton Health Center (802) 443-5135 if you have any questions about these forms. (For students who have not participated in a sport at Middlebury College these forms must be done within 6 months of starting the intended sport)
2) If at the time you enter Middlebury College you are under the age of 18, you need to print off the Covenant not to Sue form using the link provided. Please return the completed form to the Health Center.
Also if under the age of 18, you need to read the material and print off the waiver form from the link below, have your and your parents sign it and return it to the College Health Center.
3) If you are currently taking medication for ADD or ADHD you must provide complete documentation of this diagnosis as required by the NCAA. Using the link provided, please print this form and have your phyiscian complete it. Please return this form to the Health Center in a seal envelop maked as NCAA ADD/ADHD form with your name on it. Club rugby and crew do not need to comply with the NCAA rulings around ADD and ADHD medication.
4) All students must register for their user account with the student health portal. To register follow the simple instructions on the portal home page. Once you have registered with the portal, you will sent a password. This password will allow you to access some of your health records and the remainder of Sports Medicine's required forms. These forms will be submitted electronically and stored with your medical records at the Health Center. Here is the link to the student health portal, which may take a few minutes to load as it establishes a secure connection. http://midb.studenthealthportal.com/PyramedPortal
5) Once you have done these things you will be contacted by Sports Medicine if there is any other special documentation that they may need. (i.e. clearance from physicians for previous injuries, more documentation on pre-existing medical conditions)