Are you a first-year or sophomore who is interested in a career in finance? Come meet Expert-in-Residence, Craig Thompson ‘13.5.
- Name: Breaking Into Finance with Expert-in-Residence Craig Thompson ‘13.5
- Date: Tuesday, October 24
- Time: 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: BiHall 216
Here’s a sneak peek of what Craig will cover:
A field guide to navigating the recruiting process:
- How to get your first internship without any prior experience?
- How big banks operate, and which divisions do what tasks? Which analyst jobs are more competitive and why?
Preparation for technical interviews:
- Ever wondered why valuation frameworks are vital in finance? Craig’s got the answers.
- Distinguish between investing and speculation – the secret to making smart financial decisions.
- Decode the mysterious world of financial metrics and learn why they matter.
Craig Thompson ‘13 is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and financial education expert who hosts the Breaking Into Finance Podcast, a free platform for sharing the inside scoop on the technical and soft skills needed to navigate finance recruiting and careers.
Craig has extensive finance and financial education experience. He started his career as an Analyst in investment banking at Goldman Sachs, based in New York, where he focused on the healthcare sector. Later, he worked as an Associate on the private equity team at KKR, also based in New York. In addition to hosting the Breaking Into Finance Podcast, Craig is also Co-Founder & CEO of Prophet Models, a venture-backed financial modeling software business and President of Thompson Advisors, which provides fractional CFO services to lower middle market companies. Previously he created the Wharton Partners in Equity case competition and helped design Wall Street Oasis’ Private Equity Deals Process online training course.
He has an M.B.A. from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a B.A. in Economics and Mathematics from Middlebury College.
Get ready to gather insights that will shape your future career. Join us on Tuesday, October 24, from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM in BiHall 216 for “Breaking Into Finance” with Craig Thompson ‘13.5.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Please register in Handshake.