Admitted First-Year and Transfer Students who decide to enroll
US tax filers: most students have already uploaded the following items to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Services (IDOC). If you have not uploaded them, then please do so by May 1 via https://idoc.collegeboard.org/idoc/. All items are required for parents and students (as applicable).
- 2017 federal tax return with all schedules
- 2017 W-2’s, please include all of them even if you did not file taxes.
- Non-Filing Statement if you did not or are not required to file taxes. This form is available on IDOC.
- Verification Statement. This form is available on IDOC.
Canadian tax filers: most students have already uploaded the following items to IDOC. If you have not uploaded them, then please do so by May 1 via https://idoc.collegeboard.org/idoc/.
- 2017 federal and provincial tax returns
- 2017 T-4’s
The Federal Processor selects some FAFSA filers for a process called verification. Your SAR (Student Aid Report) will indicate if your FAFSA has been selected for verification. If you provided a valid e-mail address on your FAFSA, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to access an online copy of your SAR.
If selected for verification, Middlebury College is required to collect additional documentation to check the accuracy of the FAFSA information. We cannot finalize your financial aid award until verification is complete.
If selected for verification, in additional to items listed above, you must also:
- Complete the IRS Data Retrieval (DRT) process from within the FAFSA
- Request an IRS tax return transcript at here and upload it to the College Board’s IDOC
If our office has questions or needs additional information in order to finalize your financial aid award, we will reach out to the student by email.
Office of Student Financial Services
84 South Service Road
Middlebury, VT 05753