Fast Entry to Nelson Arena
Fast Entry to the Talks in Nelson Arena
Friday and Saturday: The entrance for both days is located at the north end of Nelson Arena, close to the entrance to the Mahaney Center for the Arts.
Walking would be best on Friday. Parking on the main campus would be best for Saturday. If you need to drive, there will be parking available at the far end of Kenyon Lot and at the tailgate area.
There will be two types of entry lanes each day forming at the “enter” point on the map above. Security fencing will lead people to the checking and wanding stations where all attendees and their possessions will be searched.
Main Lane: People with bulky jackets, small bags (all items must be smaller than 9”x11”), or allowable-sized cameras (detachable or long lens prohibited in the facility). Students – have your College ID.
Fast Lane: No bags, no purses, no cameras, no bulky jackets. Tickets and light weight jackets (or windbreakers) and cell phone only. Students – have your College ID.
- No food or beverages allowed through the security check. Water will be available inside, and snacks may be purchased inside the facility.
- No strollers or umbrellas.
• Aerosol sprays, mace or pepper spray
• Ammunition (either real or simulated), firearms or weapons of any kind
• Animals (other than service animals)
• Audio or video recorders
• Bags, backpacks, or purses larger than 9” x 11”
• Bottles, cans, coolers, plastic water bottles (Nalgenes), thermal or glass containers
• Computers, laptops, or tablets
• Explosives of any kind (including fireworks)
• Food and beverages
• Knives, blades or sharp objects (of any length)
• Laser pointers, pocket or hand tools (such as Leatherman tools)
• Packages, large bags or suitcases
• Posters, signs and placards
• Professional cameras (cameras with detachable or long lenses)
• Sticks, poles, or umbrellas
• And any other items at the discretion of the security screeners that may pose a potential safety hazard.
Friday: Doors to Nelson open at 11:45 a.m. and the doors close at 1:15 p.m. No late arrivals. No re-entry.
Saturday: Doors to Nelson open at 7 a.m. and close at 9 a.m. No late arrivals. No re-entry.
Ticketholders who have not passed through security when doors close will be directed to overflow seating for the live videocast in McCullough and Dana Auditorium.