The Divine Spark lives in all of us, and perpetually strives toward its origin.
The Scott Center strives to:
- Promote religious programs and provide support in a manner that reflects the virtue of hospitality;
- Foster an atmosphere of personal warmth and community;
- Provide opportunities for students to learn from religious and cultural diversity and to foster interfaith respect;
- Provide liturgical leadership at a variety of worship venues;
- Support student initiatives to bring breadth and depth to spiritual life on campus;
- Seek opportunities to be integrated into the intellectual life of the College;
- Maintain and model the highest standards of truth and civility;
- Look for opportunities to work together with community members in efforts that focus in issues of justice, honesty, integrity, peace, and concern for the marginalized;
- Offer pastoral care and outreach to the campus community;
- Forge interpersonal relationships with students that will last beyond graduation.