We are writing to provide information about COVID-19 protocols for students returning to campus after Thanksgiving break.
Fully Vaccinated Students
Guidelines for fully vaccinated students returning to campus after Thanksgiving break:
- Fully vaccinated students who have no COVID-19 symptoms and no known COVID-19 exposure(s) are not required to quarantine or test when they return to campus after Thanksgiving break. Optional post-travel testing will be available by appointment using this link. Appointments may be scheduled 10 days in advance of the testing date.
- Fully vaccinated students who have no COVID-19 symptoms but have been exposed to COVID-19 prior to their return to campus must follow these guidelines:
- Take a PCR test within 5-7 days of the exposure. You may take a PCR test while away from campus or schedule a test through Health Services as long as the test is taken within 5-7 days of the exposure. In some cases it may be advantageous to delay your return to campus while awaiting test results (e.g., if the test was positive you could isolate at home).
- You are not required to quarantine but you must wear a well-fitted face covering indoors when around other people and monitor for symptoms for 14 days or until you receive a negative test result. Note: this face covering requirement is separate and distinct from the College’s indoor face covering requirement, which remains in effect for all students.
- If you test positive prior to returning to campus you must stay home, self-isolate, and follow CDC guidance. You should also contact your own healthcare provider; notify email@example.com; and call Health Services during business hours at 802-443-3290 for further individualized advice and to set up a return plan.
- If you were tested prior to your return to campus and you receive a positive result after your return to campus, you must immediately self-isolate in your room, wear a face covering, and contact Health Services during business hours at 802-443-3290. After business hours, contact the Department of Public Safety at 802-443-5133 so that arrangements can be made to move you to isolation housing.
- If you receive a positive PCR test administered by Health Services, you will be moved to isolation housing and will receive further instructions from Health Services.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms you must NOT come to campus until you receive a negative PCR test result. You must quarantine at your off-campus location and schedule a PCR test as soon as possible. If you test positive, you must stay home, self-isolate, and follow all CDC guidance. You should also contact your own healthcare provider; notify your Dean by email; and call Health Services at 802-443-3290 during business hours for further individualized advice and to set up a return plan.
- Seek emergency care immediately if you experience any emergency warning signs at any time.
Unvaccinated students will receive a separate email with instructions regarding return-to-campus requirements.
All students, regardless of vaccination status, should:
- Continue to wear well-fitted face coverings indoors.
- Monitor for symptoms while you are away and after returning to campus. Stay home if you are sick.
- Limit indoor dining with others as much as possible. If you dine with others, limit the time you are indoors while face coverings are removed.
- Use good hand hygiene.
Students Who Have Registered to Remain on Campus
If you have registered to remain on campus over break and instead wish to depart after having read this information, please notify us by completing this brief form by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, November 17. This is essential because it will allow us to plan for the actual number of students who will be here over break and give College staff an important break as well.
Chief Health Officer and College Physician
Dean of Student Affairs