I am writing to inform you that, unfortunately, Middlebury has made the difficult decision to cancel the Museum Studies in Oxford program for summer 2021. We were hopeful that the situation would have improved enough to support a study abroad program this year, but given the recent spike in cases, the uncertainty around the new variant, and the current lockdown in the UK, we will not send students to Oxford yet.
I know that this will be a disappointment to you, especially if this is not your first cancellation. If you are interested, you do still have the option to move your application to the summer 2022, once the application cycle opens. If you do not wish to roll your application forward, your application will simply be withdrawn and your application fee (if applicable) will be refunded. Please let me know if you have a preference at this time. Otherwise, I will check in with you in the fall about considering attending the program next year.
I am very sorry that your study abroad plans have had to change, for many of you a second or even third time. I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. If there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Assistant Director of University Relations
Coordinator of Special Programs