Optional COVID-19 Testing
| by Jamie Carroll
Students studying on campus are NOT required to be PCR COVID-19 tested this week but continue to have the option of participating in PCR testing at the COVID-19 testing center at Virtue Field House. This includes the time period before, during and after spring break for those who wish to have tests.
PCR tests are indicated for the following reasons:
- For foreign travel requirements
- To determine whether a symptomatic individual is positive for COVID-19
- To confirm a negative antigen test result if symptomatic
- For those who do not have symptoms but were exposed to someone who tested positive (on Day 5 after exposure)
- For those who intend to spend time with someone who is at higher risk
Antigen tests should be used for:
Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, including those who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 90 days. This includes symptomatic serial testing (one test, followed by another test 24 hours later if the first test is negative).
The Vermont Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offer more information about the differences between PCR and antigen tests.
Following are guidelines for student PCR testing on campus:
- Students who are not experiencing symptoms may choose to sign up for a PCR test on Mondays or Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., using the student testing link.
- Students who are experiencing symptoms and have a negative home antigen test may sign up for a test using the student testing link.
- PCR Testing will be offered on Monday, March 14, and Wednesday, March 16, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and on Tuesday, March 15, and Thursday, March 17, between 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- During spring break, PCR testing will be offered on Monday, March 21, and Wednesday, March 23, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests are available for pickup at dining hall check-in, the Virtue PCR testing center, circulation desk at Davis Family Library, and Health Services.
Please reply to this email if you have questions regarding testing.
COVID Operations Team