Dates and Fees
The 2020 Bread Loaf Sicily Conference will take place in Erice, Sicily, from Sunday, September 20, to Saturday, September 26.
Applications to the conference will be accepted between October 15 and April 15. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
2020 Conference Fees
Application Fee: $20 Participants: $3,365 Auditors: $3,100
The fee includes the following:
- The conference program (workshops, individual conference, lectures, and readings)
- 6 nights/7 days accommodation (single room with private bath)
- Three meals daily, except Wednesday. Breakfast and lunch in the hotel dining room and dinners at select Erice restaurants. On Wednesday, the break day, participants are free to make their own arrangements for lunch and dinner.
- Wine receptions for readings
- An excursion to Segesta, the site of spectacular ancient Elymian ruins
- Transfer to and from Palermo Airport to the hotel on the official arrival and departure days
Airfare and gratuities are not included. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance through your travel agent.
A double room is possible for those who would like to be accompanied by a spouse or significant other. The charge for the additional person is $1,955, which includes accommodations, meals, attendance at lectures and readings, wine receptions, excursions, and transportation to and from the Palermo Airport on the official arrival and departure days.
Acceptances are made on a rolling basis and applicants will be notified whether they have been admitted approximately four to six weeks after they apply.