Lecture/Event Proposal Form
- Use this form for single lectures. To submit proposals for symposia and conferences, please email the following to Mark Williams, Tamar Mayer, Charlotte Tate, and Martha Baldwin: (1) program description, (2) tentative schedule, (3) estimated budget, (4) anticipated funding sources and amounts.
- This is a "Middlebury only" form, so you will need to log in with your name and password as you do when you log onto your computer. This automatically populates the name and e-mail boxes.
- RCGA avoids cosponsoring conflicting events. Before submitting a proposal, please check the College Events Calendar (http://www.middlebury.edu/events/).
- When choosing a lecture date, please keep in mind regularly scheduled College events such as monthly faculty meetings, midterm recess, and winter carnival. Remember, too, that accommodations can be difficult to secure on Columbus Day weekend, Fall Family Weekend, and at other times when the College is hosting major events.
- Honoraria have mostly ranged between $300 and $600. Honoraria may vary if the visitor also visits a class, or renders other services.
- Rates for some local accommodations: Inn on the Green, rates below include rooms and meals taxes (non-suite accommodations include continental breakfast for one guest, $5 each additional guest.): Nov. 1-May 31, Sun - Thur: $104.50; Fri - Sat: $151.80 including breakfast for one guest--add $5 for additional guest; Suite all nights (up to 4 guests)$185.90, including breakfast for all guests . June 1-Oct. 31: All nights $151.80; Suite (up to 4 guests) $185.90 including breakfast for all guests. Middlebury Inn (breakfast not included), rates include rooms and meals taxes: First week in Nov until mid June, Sun - Thur: single $110.00; double $126.50; Fri - Sat: single $137.50; double $148.50. July 1 through Oct the college rate is 15% off the rack rate which changes daily. Request the rate when you book the room.
- Ground transportation: Jessica's Vital Transit, LLC charges $85.00 each way to and from Burlington Airport. Middlebury Transit charges $126.50, which includes 15% gratuity, each way to and from Burlington Airport. Both offer discounts if you allow ride-share with someone else arriving/departing at the same time. Mileage for FY'14 is reimbursed at $.56 per mile.
- If you expect attendance over 49 people, you will need a "crowd manager" This in accordance with the new College policy, see http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/health/ehs/policies/Crowdmanager. Training shall be provided through the Environmental, Health & Safety Department on a regular basis as needed. If you will not be acting as crowd manager, and will be hiring a student as CM, please add $9.80/hr. to your budget.
- Form should be fully completed before being submitted.