History of Carr Hall

 

Carr Hall

Constructed of local limestone to harmonize with Forest and Munroe Halls, Carr Hall was built in 1951, in memory of Reid Langdon Carr, Class of 1901. It was originally used as the Fine Arts Building but additionally has served as the college health center, the PALANA Intercultural Center (from 2003-2008), and since 2008 houses the Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity (CCSRE). CCSRE also shares this building with the Anderson Freeman Resource Center (AFC).

Carr Hall Office Directory:

Office Name

002 AFC Study Room

003 AFC Study Room

004 AFC Computer Lab

005 Student TV Lounge

101 CCSRE/AFC Conference Room

102 Jennifer T. Herrera, Associate Director, Anderson Freeman
       Resource Center (AFC)

103 Roberto Lint Sagarena, Director, CCSRE and AFC;
      Professor of American Studies

104 Janae Due, Assistant Director, Anderson Freeman Resource Center (AFC)

105 AFC Student Office

201 Shawna Shapiro, Associate Professor of Writing and Rhetoric and Linguistics

202 Cultural Orgs Office

203 Sanctuary Meditation Space

204 Parton Center for Health and Counseling

205 AFC Reading Library

206 James C. Sanchez, Assistant Professor of Writing and Rhetoric

207 Marcos Rohena-Madrazo, Associate Professor of Luso-Hispanic Stiudies; Faculty Commons Head of Atwater Commons

208 Daniel Silva, Associate Professor of Luso-Hispanic Studies and International and Global Stuies; Interim Director, CCSRE (2019-20)

209 Renee Wells, Director of Education on Equity and Inclusion

Contact Us:

Daniel F. Silva, Interim Director
Email: dfsilva@middlebury.edu
Fax: 802.443.3296
452 College St
Carr Hall, Middlebury College
Middlebury VT 05753