How do I order a transcript for my AMCAS application?
The easiest, most efficient method is to order an electronic transcript. Our agent, Transcripts-On-Demand, has a special in-network arrangement with AMCAS. When you choose AMCAS from the drop-down menu, you will have additional fields into which you can plug your AMCAS ID #s. Those will then automatically transfer to AMCAS along with the transcript. There is no need to upload a separate form.
To understand this process better contact TOD customer service:
The Transcripts on Demand service is provided by Credentials eScrip-Safe. Each TOD screen includes sensitive help documentation available by selecting the HELP link in the header. Students having additional questions should direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be provided within one business day.1-847-716-3805.
What’s the difference between an OFFICIAL and an UNOFFICIAL transcript?
- An OFFICIAL [paper] transcript is printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.
- An electronic transcript is considered OFFICIAL if the intended party is the direct email recipient. If emailed to the requestor, then forwarded, it is then considered UNOFFICIAL.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered UNOFFICIAL.
What are the options for requesting a transcript?
- Please see our Transcript webpage for paper-copy or electronic options.
- We accept paper requests via mail or in person at our main campus office in Forest Hall with payment in cash or with a check.
- Both paper and electronic transcripts can be ordered using a credit card using Transcripts-On-Demand, the online transcript ordering system. Only paper transcripts are available to order on line for pre-1987 alumni.
- We do NOT accept FAXED or emailed requests.
What ID do I use?
- Your 8-digit student ID# [beginning with ‘00’ or ‘000’] is the best for our locating your records.
- The next-best # is your SSN.
- We also can locate your record with a complete name [including the full middle].
What if I only want part of my transcript sent?
Middlebury does not issue partial transcripts. Each transcript includes the student’s complete record at Middlebury College and the Middlebury Schools.
What are the fees?
- Middlebury College assesses a $5 fee per transcript request. We accept cash or check for paper requests made in person or via USPS mail.
- Transcripts-On-Demand adds on a $3 non-refundable surcharge to all orders placed online, payable using a credit card only.
How do I know which type of transcript to order?
- BA Student Only: an undergraduate Middlebury College record ONLY.
- BA with Language School, Bread Loaf, or School Abroad: an undergraduate Middlebury College student with additional experience at a Language School, the Bread Loaf School of English, or a C.V Starr-Middlebury School Abroad. [NOT including Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey – MIIS].
- Language School, School Abroad, or Bread Loaf: ONLY courses with no separate undergraduate degree record at Middlebury College.
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) attendee, at any time: choose only if in addition to other Middlebury College records. If ONLY attended MIIS, request directly from MIIS: http://www.miis.edu/offices/records/transcripts
I need my transcript sent out ASAP! How do I do this?
What if I don’t see the option to use expedited delivery service on my screen?
You must enter a regular street address to use the expedited shipping option. UPS will not deliver to a recipient’s PO BOX address; the webpage automatically defaults to not offering that choice.
What about including extra documents/forms with the transcript?
- Include any extra forms [with signature, if necessary] with your paper request form.
- Upload any documents with the online T-O-D process. They will be printed at our office and included with the paper requests, or emailed with the electronic requests.
I made a mistake! How do I correct my error?
- Cancelling an order-in-progress before submitting is easy on the T-O-D site.
- Cancelling a submitted order: Contact T-O-D customer service OR Middlebury College Registrar’s Office (email@example.com).
- For mailed-in requests, simply contact the Registrar’s Office to see if the order has already been processed.
Do I get a refund for a cancelled order?
T-O-D will refund all but the $3 processing fee [per order], for unprocessed orders, as indicated on their website.
What are the options for receipt of my transcript?
- Electronic one-time delivery to an email address provided by the requester.
- Electronic delivery to an institution within the e-ScripSafe network.
- Paper copy sent to an individual or institution using contact information provided by the requestor. (All paper copies addressed to individuals are sent in a sealed-with-signature envelope.)
- Delivery via USPS first class mail [with no tracking]
- Expedited delivery using UPS NextDay service [available online only] via Middlebury College campus mail center.
I received an email indicating I have a HOLD on my account and cannot get my transcript. How do I clear that?
How long does it take to receive a transcript?
- Most orders are filled within 1-3 business days. During high volume times, requests can take up to the full 3 business days to process.
- Expedited shipping orders received before 2 p.m. go out the same day.
Is there a way to track my order?
The recipient tells me s/he/it never received my transcript. What now?
We gladly re-send a transcript request to the same institution. However, we request that we have a specific contact, rather than just an office, to whom we’ll re-send.