What’s the difference between an OFFICIAL and an UNOFFICIAL transcript?
- An OFFICIAL [paper] transcript is printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.
- An electronic transcript is considered OFFICIAL if the intended party is the direct email recipient. If emailed to the requestor, then forwarded, it is then considered UNOFFICIAL.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered UNOFFICIAL.
What are the options for requesting a transcript?
- Please see our Transcript webpage for paper-copy or electronic options.
- We accept paper requests via mail or in person at our main campus office in Forest Hall with payment in cash or with a check.
- Both paper and electronic transcripts can be ordered using a credit card using Transcripts-On-Demand, the online transcript ordering system. Only paper transcripts are available to order on line for pre-1987 alumni.
- We do NOT accept FAXED or emailed requests.
What ID do I use?
- Your 8-digit student ID# [beginning with ‘00’ or ‘000’] is the best for our locating your records.
- The next-best # is your SSN.
- We also can locate your record with a complete name [including the full middle].
What are the fees?
- Middlebury College assesses a $5 fee per transcript request. We accept cash or check for paper requests made in person or via USPS mail.
- Transcripts-On-Demand adds on a $3 non-refundable surcharge to all orders placed online, payable using a credit card only.
How do I know which type of transcript to order?
- BA Student Only: an undergraduate Middlebury College record ONLY.
- BA with Language School, Bread Loaf, or School Abroad: an undergraduate Middlebury College student with additional experience at a Language School, the Bread Loaf School of English, or a C.V Starr-Middlebury School Abroad. [NOT including Monterey Institute of International Studies – MIIS].
- Language School, School Abroad, or Bread Loaf: ONLY courses with no separate undergraduate degree record at Middlebury College.
- Monterey Institute attendee, at any time: choose only if in addition to other Middlebury College records. If ONLY attended MIIS, request directly from MIIS: http://www.miis.edu/offices/records/transcripts
I need my transcript sent out ASAP! How do I do this?
You may order expedited shipping via our online service, Transcripts-On-Demand. We offer UPS NextDay service only, for an additional fee, payable by credit card online.
What if I don’t see the option to use expedited delivery service on my screen?
You must enter a regular street address to use the expedited shipping option. UPS will not deliver to a recipient’s PO BOX address; the webpage automatically defaults to not offering that choice.
What about including extra documents/forms with the transcript?
- Include any extra forms [with signature, if necessary] with your paper request form.
- Upload any documents with the online T-O-D process. They will be printed at our office and included with the paper requests, or emailed with the electronic requests.
I made a mistake! How do I correct my error?
- Cancelling an order-in-progress before submitting is easy on the T-O-D site.
- Cancelling a submitted order: Contact T-O-D customer service OR Middlebury College Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For mailed-in requests, simply contact the Registrar’s Office to see if the order has already been processed.
Do I get a refund for a cancelled order?
T-O-D will refund all but the $3 processing fee [per order], for unprocessed orders, as indicated on their website.
What are the options for receipt of my transcript?
- Electronic one-time delivery to an email address provided by the requester.
- Electronic delivery to an institution within the e-ScripSafe network.
- Paper copy sent to an individual or institution using contact information provided by the requestor. (All paper copies addressed to individuals are sent in a sealed-with-signature envelope.)
- Delivery via USPS first class mail [with no tracking]
- Expedited delivery using UPS NextDay service [available online only] via Middlebury College campus mail center.
I received an email indicating I have a HOLD on my account and cannot get my transcript. How do I clear that?
- For a Financial HOLD: Contact Student Financial Services: http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/support/sfs
- For a Study Abroad HOLD: Contact the International Programs and Off-Campus Study Office:
- Once your hold is released, please contact us so we may process your request.
How long does it take to receive a transcript?
- Most orders are filled within 1-3 business days. During high volume times, requests can take up to the full 3 business days to process.
- Expedited shipping orders received before 2 p.m. go out the same day.
Is there a way to track my order?
The recipient tells me s/he/it never received my transcript. What now?
We gladly re-send a transcript request to the same institution. However, we request that we have a specific contact, rather than just an office, to whom we’ll re-send.