Requesting a Transcript
You can request an official transcript from the Undergraduate College, Language Schools, Schools Abroad, Bread Loaf School of English, or the School of the Environment by ordering online or ordering by mail.
To Order Online
Middlebury has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript securely. To set up an order via the web click on the logo to get started. This link will open a new browser.
Ordering online is a great convenience as it’s available 24/7. You have the option of having transcripts delivered as a hard copy by USPS mail or electronically by secured email.
Please Note: If your entire academic record predates 1987 your transcript can only be delivered hard copy; you may still order online or via mail-in request.
Fees: There is a fee of $5.00 per copy for each transcript requested. Transcripts ordered online are assessed an additional $3.00 processing fee (non-refundable) per recipient. Payment is made by credit card.
To Order by Mail
Print, complete, and return the completed transcript request form with fee to the Registrar’s Office. Transcripts ordered by mail cannot be sent electronically.
Fee: A fee of $5.00 per copy (cash, check, or money order only) is charged for each transcript requested, and payment must be included with the request.
Processing Time: Transcripts are sent within one to three business days except during high volume times.
- Middlebury provides only official transcripts. If you need your unofficial transcript, you may access it in Banner Web. If you do not have a Middlebury account, you may access your transcript here.
- You don’t need an active Middlebury email address to order. However if you want to access your login information, please contact the Help Desk.
- We do not accept FAXed or emailed requests.
- We do not provide PDFs either by email or FAX.
- Middlebury is not obligated to furnish a transcript to any student whose financial obligations to the College have not been satisfied.
- View information about requesting transcripts from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS).
Middlebury provides only official transcripts. If you would like to view your unofficial transcript, you may do so in BannerWeb.
Note that if your entire academic record predates 1987, you must request an official transcript. See Requesting a Transcript above for information about ordering an official transcript.
Students and alumni with a Middlebury username/email address and password can log in here.
Students and alumni without a Middlebury username/email address should do the following:
- Log in to BannerWeb.
- Enter your 8-digit College/Student ID number.
- Enter you unique 6-digit PIN. Most have already entered their own unique PIN. For your initial entry into the BannerWeb system, your PIN is set to your Date of Birth (MMDDYY). Upon first entry to the system, you are prompted to update to a unique PIN.
Your unofficial transcript is available on the Student Records Menu.
Schools Abroad Course Number Key
Courses at Middlebury’s partner institutions abroad are numbered with an abbreviation of the institution at which the course was taught. Undergraduate course numbers begin with “2” and graduate course numbers begin with “5”. Click on the link above for a complete listing of course numbers at partner institutions. See the Schools Abroad Course Number Key.
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest, most efficient method is to order an electronic transcript. Our agent, Parchment, has a special in-network arrangement with AMCAS & LSAC. When you choose AMCAS or LSAC from the drop-down menu, you will have additional fields into which you can plug your special ID #s. Those will then automatically transfer to AMCAS or LSAC along with the transcript. There is no need to upload a separate form.
- An OFFICIAL [paper] transcript is printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.
- An electronic transcript is considered OFFICIAL if the intended party is the direct email recipient. If emailed to the requestor, then forwarded, it is then considered UNOFFICIAL.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered UNOFFICIAL.
- Please see the information above for paper-copy or electronic options.
- We accept paper form transcript requests via USPS or intercampus mail with payment in cash or with a check.
- Both paper and electronic transcripts can be ordered using a credit card using Parchment the online transcript ordering system. Only paper transcripts are available to order on line for pre-1987 alumni.
- We do not accept nor provide FAXed or emailed requests.
- Your 8-digit student ID# [beginning with ‘00’ or ‘000’] is the best for our locating your records.
- The next-best # is your SSN.
- We also can locate your record with a complete name [including the full middle].
Middlebury does not issue partial transcripts. Each transcript includes the student’s complete record at Middlebury College and the Middlebury Schools.
- Middlebury assesses a $5 fee per transcript request. We accept cash, check, or money order for mailed-in paper requests.
- Parchment adds on a $3 non-refundable surcharge to all orders placed online, payable using a credit card only.
- Middlebury Undergraduate, Language Schools, Bread Loaf, Schools Abroad, School of the Environment. Choose if you’ve attended any one or combination thereof.
- Middlebury with Monterey credits: Choose only if in addition to other Middlebury College records. If you ONLY attended MIIS, request directly from MIIS.
- Include any extra forms [with signature, if necessary] with your paper request form.
- Upload any documents with the online Parchment process. They will be printed at our office and included with the paper requests, or emailed with the electronic requests.
- Most orders are filled within 1-3 business days. During high volume times, requests can take up to the full 3 business days to process.
- We cannot predict performance of the USPS system. At this time paper transcripts leave the office once per week. Please plan accordingly for delivery time.
- Alternately you may order an electronic transcript which can be delivered to the recipient as quickly as by close of business the same day, [conditions apply].
- For orders placed online you should receive updates from our agent on the status of your order or you may check your own orders on their site.
- We do not track paper copies sent via first class mail and cannot comment on USPS’s ETA.
- We can track if a recipient has accessed an electronic transcript. Please contact email@example.com