Requesting a Transcript
Current and former students of all Middlebury academic programs (Middlebury College, MIIS, Language Schools, Schools Abroad, Bread Loaf School of English, School of the Environment) can request electronic and paper transcripts via our online ordering form with Parchment.
Your academic transcript is a complete record of all academic programs attended at Middlebury and all transcripts are sent in their entirety.
Ordering a Transcript
Middlebury has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript securely. When placing your online order with Parchment, you have the option of having your transcript delivered electronically or via USPS mail.
Attention MIIS students: when creating your Parchment account, select ‘Middlebury’ as your institution (not Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey).
Please Note: If your entire academic record predates 1987 you can order your transcript online with Parchment but it can only be delivered as a paper copy by USPS mail.
Fees: There is a fee of $5.00 per copy for each transcript requested. Transcripts ordered online are assessed an additional $3.00 processing fee per recipient. Payment is made by credit card.
Processing Time: Transcripts are delivered within one to three business days except during high volume times.
To Order by Mail
If you prefer, you may also order your transcript by mail. To order by mail: print, complete, and return the transcript request form with fee to the Registrar’s Office. Transcripts ordered by mail cannot be sent electronically. A fee of $5.00 per copy (cash, check, or money order only; credit cards cannot be accepted by mail) is charged for each transcript requested, and payment must be included with the request. Transcripts are mailed within one to three business days except during high volume times.
- Middlebury provides only official transcripts. If you need your unofficial transcript, you may access it in Banner Web. If you do not have a Middlebury account, you may access your transcript here.
- All Middlebury transcripts are sent in their entirety. Students who have attended programs at multiple levels and Schools will have all academic records included on their transcript.
- You do not need an active Middlebury email address to order. However, if you want to access your login information, please contact the Help Desk.
- Transcript requests are not accepted via email or fax.
- Your transcript cannot be sent via PDF email attachment. Middlebury sends electronic transcripts only through Parchment.
- Middlebury is not obligated to furnish a transcript to any student whose financial obligations to the College have not been satisfied.
Middlebury provides only official transcripts. If you would like to view your unofficial transcript, you may do so in BannerWeb.
Note that if your entire academic record predates 1987, you must request an official transcript. See Requesting a Transcript above for information about ordering an official transcript.
Students and alumni with a Middlebury username/email address and password can log in here.
Students and alumni without a Middlebury username/email address should do the following:
- Log in to BannerWeb.
- Enter your 8-digit College/Student ID number.
- Enter you unique 6-digit PIN. Most have already entered their own unique PIN. For your initial entry into the BannerWeb system, your PIN is set to your Date of Birth (MMDDYY). Upon first entry to the system, you are prompted to update to a unique PIN.
Your unofficial transcript is available on the Student Records Menu.
Schools Abroad Course Number Key
Courses at Middlebury’s partner institutions abroad are numbered with an abbreviation of the institution at which the course was taught. Undergraduate course numbers begin with “2” and graduate course numbers begin with “5”. Click on the following link for a complete listing of course numbers at partner institutions. See the Schools Abroad Course Number Key.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How do I order a transcript for my AMCAS or LSAC application?
The easiest, most efficient method is to order an electronic transcript. Our agent, Parchment, has a special in-network arrangement with AMCAS & LSAC. When you choose AMCAS or LSAC from the drop-down menu, you will have additional fields into which you can plug your special ID #s. Those will then automatically transfer to AMCAS or LSAC along with the transcript. There is no need to upload a separate form.
Q What’s the difference between an OFFICIAL and an UNOFFICIAL transcript?
- An OFFICIAL [paper] transcript is printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.
- An electronic transcript is considered OFFICIAL if the intended party is the direct email recipient. If emailed to the requestor, then forwarded, it is then considered UNOFFICIAL.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered UNOFFICIAL.
Q What are the options for requesting a transcript?
- Please see the information above for paper-copy or electronic options.
- We accept paper form transcript requests via USPS or intercampus mail with payment in cash or with a check.
- Both paper and electronic transcripts can be ordered using a credit card using Parchment the online transcript ordering system. Only paper transcripts are available to order on line for pre-1987 alumni.
- We do not accept nor provide FAXed or emailed requests.
Q What ID do I use?
- Your 8-digit student ID# [beginning with ‘00’ or ‘000’] is the best for our locating your records.
- The next-best # is your SSN.
- We also can locate your record with a complete name [including the full middle].
Q What if I only want part of my transcript sent?
Middlebury does not issue partial transcripts. Each transcript includes the student’s complete record at Middlebury College and the Middlebury Schools.
Q What are the fees?
- Middlebury assesses a $5 fee per transcript request. We accept cash, check, or money order for mailed-in paper requests.
- Parchment adds on a $3 non-refundable surcharge to all orders placed online, payable using a credit card only.
Q How do I know which type of transcript to order?
- Middlebury Undergraduate, Language Schools, Bread Loaf, Schools Abroad, School of the Environment. Choose if you’ve attended any one or combination thereof.
- Middlebury with Monterey credits: Choose only if in addition to other Middlebury College records. If you ONLY attended MIIS, request directly from MIIS.
Q What about including extra documents/forms with the transcript?
- Include any extra forms [with signature, if necessary] with your paper request form.
- Upload any documents with the online Parchment process. They will be printed at our office and included with the paper requests, or emailed with the electronic requests.
Q I made a mistake! How do I correct my error?
- Cancelling an online order-in-progress before submitting is easy on the Parchment website.
- For mailed-in requests, simply contact the Registrar’s Office to see if the order has already been processed (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Q I received an email indicating I have a HOLD on my account and cannot get my transcript. How do I clear that?
- For a Financial HOLD: Contact Student Financial Services.
- For a Study Abroad HOLD: Contact the International Programs and Off-Campus Study Office at
- Once your hold is released, please contact us so we may process your request.
Q How long does it take to receive a transcript?
- Most orders are filled within 1-3 business days. During high volume times, requests can take up to the full 3 business days to process.
- We cannot predict performance of the USPS system. At this time paper transcripts leave the office once per week. Please plan accordingly for delivery time.
- Alternately you may order an electronic transcript which can be delivered to the recipient as quickly as by close of business the same day, [conditions apply].
Q Is there a way to track my order?
- For orders placed online you should receive updates from our agent on the status of your order or you may check your own orders on their site.
- We do not track paper copies sent via first class mail and cannot comment on USPS’s ETA.
- We can track if a recipient has accessed an electronic transcript. Please contact email@example.com