Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For info on accidents & mechanical emergencies click here NOW!
Facilities Services maintains a small fleet of vehicles available for the convenience of faculty, staff, and student organizations for College business trips and College sponsored activities only. Vehicle reservations are first come, first served. Availability is limited, so please make your reservation well in advance of your planned departure date.
The campus vehicle fleet consists of:
• 7 Fifteen-Passenger Vans
• 1 Eleven-Passenger Van
• 1 Handicap-Accessible Van
• 5 Mini-Vans
• 1 Five-Passenger Dodge Stratus (for in-state use only)
• 1 Honda Civic Hybrid Car
Cost is $15.00 per day, plus 40 cents per mile.
When a College vehicle is not available, we will represent you in renting vehicles from Enterprise, Majestic, or Thrifty. These "outside" rentals are charged at current vendor rates. Drivers must be 18 years old for Enterprise and Majestic rentals, and 21 years old for Thrifty rentals.
To rent a College vehicle you must:
• Be over 18 years of age.
• Hold a valid driver’s license from your state of residence.
• Requests for rentals must be completed 7 days in advance of departure date.
• Obtain a College driver’s license. Driver safety training is a prerequisite for obtaining a College license. Training and testing can be arranged by contacting the campus Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at 443-5726.
Students & student organizations must:
• The student organization Treasurer should submit an online vehicle rental request at http://blogs.middlebury.edu/facilities/online-forms/vehicle-rental-request/ on behalf of the group.
• The driver for the group must fill out a Trip Departure Form prior to leaving. Trip Departure Forms can be found at go/tripform or be obtained at the Rental Vehicle Office in the Service Building.
• Individual students working independently from any student organizations should make rental arrangements through their Commons Office.
Faculty & staff...
...must make arrangements through their department budget administrator.
Picking up Your Rental Vehicle
• Pick up keys at the Custodial/Vehicle Rental Office on the 1st floor of the Service Building (enter via doorway right of the Biomass Plant).
• You must show your College & state license at time of pick-up.
• Students must have a completed Trip Departure Form.
• Vehicles are parked beside Porter Field Road in the Center for the Arts parking lot. A bike rack is provided there for your convenience.
• Please check the vehicle for damage BEFORE leaving. Your department/organization will be billed for repairs if vehicle returns with damage that was not reported to us prior to your departure.
• We ask customers to refuel before drop-off, but advise that you check the fuel gauge before leaving. Each key ring is equipped with a key to the Service Building gas pumps.
Returning Your Rental Vehicle
• Vehicles & keys must be returned by the designated return time. Someone else may be waiting for your vehicle!
• Please refuel before drop-off as a courtesy to your fellow renters! Each key ring is equipped with a key to the gas pumps behind the Service Building.
• Drop off vehicles in the designated area in Center for the Arts parking lot along Porter Field Road.
• Drop off keys and rental tickets at the Custodial/Vehicle Rental Office on the 1st floor of the Service Building (enter via doorway right of the Biomass Plant).
• Please report any vehicle damage or cleaning needs immediately to the Vehicle Fleet Coordinator at 443-5462.
Facilities Services takes pride in maintaining its vehicle fleet. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
On weekends, and between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Monday – Friday, all pick-ups and returns are handled by the Biomass staff. Instructions are posted at the Biomass entry door. Please note: Vehicle reservations are only processed during regular office hours.
The Vehicle Fleet Coordinator can be reached at 443-5462.