Arrivals & Departures
The information on the following pages will assist with Arrival and Departure information for Academic Year Students, as well as Language School Students & Faculty.
Arrivals Check list:
Before you leave for Middlebury
For parking rules and regulations click here.
- Returning students - submit activation number for MiddCard.
- New students - submit photograph for MiddCard
- Register Bicycle via Banner Web
- Check Banner Web Housing Assignment Arrival Date information before leaving for campus. Public Safety will issue keys between 9 am and 5 PM on the day banner says you are schedule to arrive.
Students, Faculty, & Staff are required to turn in their room key (or any other key issued by the Department of Public Safety) either at one of the designated drop-off locations or the Public Safety office.
Student Room Keys must be turned in to one of the key return boxes designated by the language schools or the Public Safety office upon departure. Keys turned in later than 3 days from the official departure date* will be subject to a $50 late key return fee and an additional $50 charge if the locks are changed.
DO NOT turn keys into your Language School Coordinator, bus, shuttle, or taxi driver as only Public Safety is authorized to handle student room keys.
Practice Room or other keys must be turned in at the location where signed out and will not be accepted at the Public Safety drop-off locations or the office. Students are responsible for any subsequent charges which may occur by not returning keys to the appropriate department.
Mailing a Room Key is not recommended as turning in room keys upon departure is required. In the event a key must be mailed, send it via UPS/FEDEX Next Day to the Public Safety office and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to request an extension for the return of the room key.
- USPS 1st class letter sorters often strip keys out of envelopes so keys must be sent in padded mailers or boxes.
- e-mailing keyadmin does not mean a charge will not be assessed but may result in a reduced rate if the key is received before the locks are changed.
* Departure times may vary based upon location and students may have only 1 day to turn in keys.