Resources for Web Editors
Communications and LIS put this page together to support our Web editors. If you have suggestions for additional links, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
- SiteImprove. This is a Web-based service that sends us a weekly report of broken links and spelling errors on the college website, broken down by department. Use of the service has helped us dramatically reduce the number of broken links on our site. If you don’t currently receive this and would like to, please send your request to the Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Checklist for Web editors. Find it here.
- Drupal tips for academic websites. You'll find this at go/drupal/academics.
- General Drupal support. Information on editing and content creation in Drupal.
- Drupal training workshops. go/lisworkshops.
- Middlebury Editorial Style Guide. Learn about Middlebury's guidelines for punctuation, spelling, and capitalization.
- Google Analytics. Find information about traffic to your site and much more. Request access by writing to email@example.com.
- On creating for the Web. The Communications Office gives presentations on writing and designing for the Middlebury website. To schedule a session, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Middlebury College website is a critical communication platform for us, and one that requires all of our efforts if we are going to remain engaged in telling Middlebury’s story to all of our audiences.