Table of Contents
- General Information Sites
- Teaching Abroad
- International Non-Profit and Service Organizations
- Graduate School Programs
- Internship Links
- Foreign Policy Association
A non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring the American public to learn more about the world. Through its balanced, nonpartisan programs and publications, the FPA encourages citizens to participate in the foreign policy process.
- Liberal Arts Career Services: International Jobs
A Web site created by the University of Texas at Austin's College of Liberal Arts for students interested in short- and long-term career opportunities abroad.
- University of Michigan Overseas Opportunities Office
A Web site created by the University of Michigan Overseas Opportunities Office for students and graduates interested in internships or jobs abroad.
- Transitions Abroad - Web site designed for those who wish to live and work abroad.
- Going Global
Great information about internships, jobs and tailoring your resume to specific countries.
Great site that lists by country, resources that deal with study abroad, internships, jobs, volunteer opportunities, teaching, and language schools.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Chambers Abroad
A good resource for anyone interested in working internationally.
- Usually requires a college degree and U.S. certification
- Start applying in November for the following year
- Major job fairs are in February at various locations around the country
- Positions can be found through the U.S Government, private international schools or volunteer organizations
Teaching Abroad - Agencies/Organizations
- TESOL, Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages A very useful site maintained by TESOL, a professional association of English-language teachers. Includes career guidance, certification information, and the TESOL JobFinder.
- The International Educator
A quarterly publication that lists jobs at international schools.
- Search Associates
An educational placement firm specializing in the placement of teachers, administrators and interns with international schools throughout the world.
- United States Department of State, Office of Overseas Schools
Lists 180 American sponsored schools located in 133 countries. These schools are assisted by the U.S. State Department but are independent and non-governmental.
- Department of Defense Dependent Overseas Schools
There are 163 schools in 15 different countries. You are employed by the U.S. government to teach children of military personnel.
- Council on International Educational Exchange
Has programs for both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens in a variety of countries. CIEE provides a work permit, orientation upon arrival, and help finding a job and housing. Includes France, Ireland, Britain, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and Costa Rica.
- Park English Recruitment Agency, Inc.
ESL jobs in Korea.
Following training and certification in their host-country, LanguageCorps Teachers are placed into paid EFL teaching assignments with select Partner Schools, including public and private secondary schools, universities, and corporations.
- Academy for Educational Development
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency International
- Africa-America Institute
- American Friends Service Committee
- Asia Foundation
- Oxfam America
- Salvation Army World Service Office
- Save the Children
- World Health Organization
- Amigos De Las Americas
Work with communities in Latin America to improve health conditions and the environment. Length of service time depends on site.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions
Provide humanitarian assistance in Ghana, Peru and India. Three-week terms of service - can be extended.
- Global Volunteer Network
Volunteer placement organization with international opportunities.
- Global Volunteers Service Program
A variety of service opportunities to choose from in the country of your choice.
- i - to - i
A non-profit organization committed to providing reliable volunteer opportunities around the world in 19 countries. They are also one of the world's largest teacher training companies, enabling over 3,000 people to teach abroad each year.
The Institute for Central American Development Studies (ICADS) is a center for study, research, and analysis of Central American social and environmental issues. Provides a variety of programs including language immersion and summer internship research opportunities.
- Peace Corps
Two year international service projects.
- Volunteer in Asia
- World Teach
Six months to two year international education service projects
- Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs
- Fordham University International Political Economy and Development Program
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
- Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
- Monterey Institute of International Studies
- School for International Training
- Tufts-The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
The following is a sample of organizations that sponsor or facilitate international internships and volunteer experiences.
- Action Without Borders/Idealist
- Alliance Abroad Group
- Association for International Practical Training
- CDS International
- Institute for Central American Development Studies
- Intern Abroad
- Internships in Francophone Europe
- Study Abroad
- Volunteers For Peace (VFP)
Starr Library now subscribes to the China Business Review!