Mission: Community Engagement prepares students for lives of meaning and impact through service, scholarship, and citizenship. Its programs work to strengthen communities and contribute to the public good.
There are many ways for YOU to get involved!
- Participate in an Orientation service trip.
- Attend the Midd Action Fair to learn about local organizations.
- Follow the Community Engagement Blog to learn about weekly service opportunities and more!
- Fund your own service initiative, here or around the globe.
- Consider participating in one of our “signature” service programs: become a “big brother” or “big sister,” join Butch’s Team, or go on an Alternative Break Trip.
- Register to vote or request an absentee ballot through MiddVote.
- Join one of several different student service organizations.
- Pursue a self-designed project that meets a community-identified need.
- Take action in the fight against poverty.
- Pursue an internship or extended-service experience.
- Connect your community engagement with your academic pursuits.
- Learn about local issues.
- Translate your community engagement experiences into Careers in the Common Good.
Want help getting started?
Email Community Engagement for general inquiries, or contact an adviser for particular questions:
- J. Ashley Laux for local volunteering, alternative break trips (MAlt), or MiddVote
- Tiffany Sargent for initiatives connecting community engagement to academic pursuits
- Dan Murphy for mentoring area youth
You're always welcome to drop by the Community Engagement office! We're located just behind Davis Library at 118 South Main Street. Our offices are upstairs.