Community Engagement initiatives integrate community-connected teaching, learning, service, and research into your undergraduate experience—linking Middlebury’s liberal arts tradition to 21st-century challenges and opportunities. Our work with you promotes the values of learning, reflection, leadership, community, local responsibility, and international awareness.
Profiles | Beyond the Classroom
There are many ways for YOU to get involved!
- Participate in an Orientation service trip.
- Attend the Midd Action Fair to learn about local organizations.
- Follow the Community Engagement Blog to learn about weekly service opportunities and more!
- Fund your own service initiative, here or around the globe.
- Consider participating in one of our “signature” service programs: become a “big brother” or “big sister,” join Butch’s Team, or go on an Alternative Break Trip.
- Register to vote or request an absentee ballot through MiddVote.
- Join one of several different student service organizations.
- Pursue a self-designed project that meets a community-identified need.
- Take action in the fight against poverty.
- Pursue an internship or extended-service experience.
- Connect your community engagement with your academic pursuits.
- Learn about local issues.
- Translate your community engagement experiences into Careers in the Common Good.
- Link your undergraduate experiences in pursuit of post-graduate fellowships.
Want help getting started?
Visit Community Engagement, or contact an adviser: