News & Updates
October Break Trip 2014 Participant and Leader Application Open!
Application Due Date: Sept. 30th, 2014
Submit this application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for the seventh annual October Mini-MAlt break trip to breathtakingly beautiful Merck Forest & Farmland Center in southern Vermont at the height of the foliage season. Merck Forest’s mission is to teach and demonstrate the benefits of innovative, sustainable management of forest and farmland. Past work has included trail maintenance in the forest, helping with the harvest, and pruning trees. We will be sleeping in a cabin and cooking together as a group in fall temperatures ranging from 40-60 degrees during the day and 30-50 degrees at night. It’s about a two-mile hike into the site.
- Timeline: Trip departs campus at 8:00 a.m. on 10/11, returns on 10/13. Camping gear can be provided!
- Website: www.merckforest.org
- Issue: Environmental Conservation and Sustainable Agriculture
- Cost per person: $30 (financial aid is available if necessary)
- Questions? Contact the MAlt Exec board, email@example.com or MAlt advisor Ashley Laux, firstname.lastname@example.org.