Middlebury Snow Bowl and Rikert Nordic Center to Open with COVID-19 Precautions
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Rikert Nordic Center and the Middlebury Snow Bowl will welcome skiers this winter with COVID-19 safety measures in place. Changes include required online reservations for skiing, equipment rentals, and lessons, as well as lodge access that is limited to restrooms, equipment rental, and grab-and-go food purchases.
“We are looking forward to a great ski season,” said Mike Hussey, director of skiing at Middlebury. “This year will really put the focus on what skiing is all about—being up in the mountains and enjoying the snow and winter.”
Rikert will open on December 1 and will operate seven days a week while the Snow Bowl will begin the season December 2 and maintain a Wednesday–Sunday schedule.
Season passes are on sale now. The price of a season pass at the Snow Bowl will increase after November 15.
Below are additional new guidelines about visitors, reservations, and parking for both the Middlebury Snow Bowl and Rikert Nordic Center:
- All visitors must be Vermont residents or individuals who meet the state of Vermont COVID-19 requirements on cross-state travel.
- Online reservations will be required for all visitors, including season pass holders and back-country skiers.
- Staff will check visitors’ reservations at the parking lot entrance. Reservations are required to enter.
- Non-skiing parents who bring their children to ski must make an online Chauffeur Reservation and observe the Vermont state law against idling.
The following offers more information about the Snow Bowl lifts:
- Skiers may ride the lift on the same chair as members of their family or traveling group. Otherwise, they will ride one person per chair.
- The Bailey Falls Lift will not operate this season but the terrain will be accessible to ticketed back-country skiers.
Masks and physical distancing will be required for all visitors to both ski areas.
More information is available on the Middlebury Snow Bowl and Rikert Nordic Center websites.