Faculty member with an Honor Code concern?
Community Standards will be closed for the winter break from December 21, 2023 - January 5, 2024. If you are faculty and have a concern about a potential Honor Code violation, please email Brian Lind (email@example.com) with documentation and supporting materials. Since grades are due January 2, please email the Registrar with the student’s name and course info and request “NGR” (No Grade Received) be submitted as a placeholder until the matter is resolved. Review of submissions will begin on January 5 and you can expect follow up from Community Standards by January 8. If you plan to notify the student of the concern, please let them know that they can expect outreach from Community Standards the week of January 8.
Through a commitment to immersive learning, Middlebury College prepares students to lead engaged, consequential, and creative lives, contribute to their communities, and address the world’s most challenging problems.
In order to achieve this mission, Middlebury depends on members of the campus community to uphold commonly accepted standards of conduct, which enable the highest quality of teaching and learning. This mission is further reflected in the following community standards:
- Cultivating respect and responsibility for self, others, and our shared environment.
- Encouraging personal and intellectual courage and growth.
- Manifesting integrity and honesty in all decisions and actions.
- Promoting healthy, safe, and balanced lifestyles.
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive community committed to civility, open-mindedness, and finding common ground.
These standards define how students, faculty, and staff interact and thrive together as a community. The Office of Community Standards oversees the implementation of these standards and administers consequences for breaches in these standards.
Middlebury’s conduct process is governed by the Middlebury College Handbook. To learn more about specific policies, see the following:
- The Judicial Boards and General Disciplinary Processes
- Community Standards and Policy Overview
- Honor Code
- Academic Disciplinary Policies
- General Conduct Policies
- Alcohol and Other Drug Policies
- Sexual Misconduct, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking
- Anti-Harassment/Discrimination Policies
- Hazing Policies
- Off-Campus Housing Policies
Middlebury, VT 05753