Limited Campus Tours Resume for Admitted Students
| by Nicole Curvin
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
We are writing with an update about our campus visitor policy and a change in state of Vermont guidelines that allows us to resume limited in-person tours for admitted students.
As COVID-19 travel restrictions continue to evolve in Vermont, we have been in regular communication with the state Department of Health about how the latest changes affect operations at Vermont colleges. We learned late last week that the new regulations permit admissions tours with limited capacity and strict health and safety protocols in place. As a result, starting Tuesday, April 27, we will resume offering campus tours exclusively for admitted students and their families. We will provide additional information about general tours once it becomes available.
Admitted students will have the opportunity to sign up for specific times to tour campus with an admissions representative, provided they abide by Vermont’s current travel guidelines. The following additional College protocols will be in place, regardless of participant vaccination status:
- Tours will be limited to one family (maximum four people) per tour guide and will last no more than one hour.
- Visitors are not permitted to explore the campus without a guide.
- We have limited availability per time slot.
- Campus tours will take place entirely outside; visitors are not permitted inside any campus buildings.
- Check in is outside the Admissions Office.
- Participants must maintain physical distancing protocols and wear face coverings at all times when on campus.
- Visitors may not interact with students, faculty, or staff other than those on their assigned tour.
We are delighted to be able to take this first step toward more normal operations and to show our admitted students Middlebury’s beautiful campus as they prepare to make their final enrollment decision by Friday, May 7. We will continue to offer virtual visits and tours to those who are not able to attend, and thank all of you who have worked with us to connect with the incoming class.
Dean of Admissions