I am writing with information about new mask guidance and distribution on campus this week.
New Mask Guidance
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Vermont Department of Health (VDH) have issued new guidance that calls for wearing high-quality masks, including the following recommendations:
- Wear N95 or KN95 masks whenever possible as these are the most effective.
- If N95 or KN95 masks are unavailable, wear masks that comply with one of the following recommendations:
- Wear a well-fitting cloth mask with at least two layers of tightly-woven fabric
- OR wear a disposable mask under a cloth one to increase effectiveness.
The CDC has also provided information on how to select, properly wear, clean, and store masks, including how to have a better fit and extra protection by wearing a surgical mask and a cloth mask.
Employees who perform tasks that require the use of N95 respirators as personal protective equipment (PPE) will continue to receive information and PPE directly.
Masks Available on Campus Today
Employees may pick up N95, cloth and surgical masks at the following campus locations:
- Service Building – Facilities Services Customer Service lobby (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Bicentennial Hall – Armstrong Library
- Davis Family Library – Information Desk
- Old Chapel – Lobby
- Marble Works – Human Resources
Free at-home COVID-19 Tests
The U.S. government has launched its program to offer four free at-home COVID-19 tests to every household that requests them. We encourage you to sign up.
Should you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Vice President for Human Resources and Chief People Officer