Checklist of Prearrival Requirements
- Complete a 14-day prearrival quarantine if you are unvaccinated: Review this information about how to properly prepare for and complete a 14-day prearrival quarantine.
- If applicable, schedule predeparture testing for air travel into the United States: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires a negative COVID-19 test for all air passengers entering the United States. Individuals traveling by air into the United States must review the requirement and arrange the necessary testing.
*If applicable, schedule a prearrival PCR test three days before you arrive on campus. This applies to all international travelers regardless of vaccination status as well as all unvaccinated individuals. In accordance with Vermont requirements, all faculty, staff, and students living on campus must submit proof of a negative PCR test result taken within three days prior to arrival.
- Read and sign the health pledge: Prior to returning to Vermont, all students, regardless of their enrollment status, must read and sign the Middlebury Health Pledge. Employees must also sign the health pledge. You will be able to sign the pledge as part of the mandatory online health education course in SafeColleges.
- Complete online health education courses starting June 11: Before arriving on campus, students and employees must complete online training through the SafeColleges platform. Students who have not completed the course by June 23 will not be permitted on campus.
- Update emergency contacts and personal evacuation plan: Students must log in to BannerWeb to update their emergency contact information and personal evacuation plan, both located in the Personal Information tab.
- Prepare and pack essential items: The summer semester will require students and employees living on campus to be flexible and ready to adjust as needed. Students will be responsible for either taking all belongings with them or arranging and paying for off-campus storage in the event of an evacuation. Students should bring the following:
- No more than two suitcases containing essential items, in case campus evacuation becomes necessary.
- Personal healthcare items, including a sufficient supply of any over-the-counter or prescription medications.
- A thermometer.
- An adequate supply of cloth face coverings (Middlebury will have disposable face masks available).