In the event that you discover water damage or structural damage to a College building or other facility:

  • If there is potential danger to occupants, pull the alarm and evacuate the building.
  • Call x5911 (or 802-443-5911) and report:
    1. Nature and extent of problem
    2. Location of building
    3. Your name and contact information
    4. Stay on the line until the dispatcher indicates that you may hang up.

If the problem does not pose a risk to you or to other in the building, you may stay in the building but should stay away from the area containing the problem until Public Safety or Facilities Services indicates that the problem is resolved and the area is safe.

In case of standing water, avoid all contact with objects that use electricity such as appliances, lamps, and power tools.