We are excited to announce our fourth Summer Peacebuilding Program (SPP) in Monterey!
The 2018 SPP will once again focus on efforts made to build peace in post-war and post violent societies. Using the gang-violence in Salinas as a case study, the program will endeavor to link the theory and practice of peacebuilding.
The SPP is an intense program with about eight hours of classwork per day and an expectation of regular group work deadlines being met. The final week of the SPP is residential in Mount Madonna.
Please scroll below for details.
Click to apply to the 2018 SPP Program!
Date & Venue
The 2018 program will run from July 29 to August 17, 2018. The first and second week of SPP will be held at the MIIS campus in Monterey with a lodging option within walking distance to campus. The third week of SPP is residential at the Mount Madonna Conference Center in Watsonville, CA.
Admission to the 2018 SPP is now open! SPP applications are accepted on a rolling basis so we will review and respond to you two weeks after your application is received. The following is our admission criteria:
(a) Proficiency in the English language
(b) Academic or equivalent work experience
(c) Clear personal and career goals
(d) Ability to meet SPP financial requirements
The SPP program cost is as follows:
- General Participants (with shared lodging for three weeks and food for one week): USD 1000
- Middlebury College Students (with shared lodging for three weeks and food for one week): USD 750
- Middlebury Institute Students (with shared lodging for one week and food for one week): USD 500
Students can receive academic credits for the program (paying additional tuition fees as required by their educational institution). MIIS students can receive up to six credits for the SPP (conflict resolution certificate students can also count two credits towards their practice requirement).
We can offer reduced rates for SPP 2018 participants due to a new grant received. No other scholarships available
Deadlines & Due Dates
- Applications Deadline: Rolling Basis but final deadline is April 25, 2018 (midnight PST)
- Acceptance Letters emailed: Two weeks after application received
- Deposit due: On admission (Non-refundable USD 500, to reserve space)
- Final payment due: May 15, 2018 (midnight PST) (non-refundable)
To contact the SPP, please email email@example.com.