Dining in Phase 2
| by Dan Detora
I’m writing with some Phase-two updates you’ll see in our dining locations starting this weekend and early next week. All of our upcoming changes are in compliance with Vermont guidelines.
Dining Hall Changes
Starting as soon as this weekend you’ll see changes in all three dining halls:
- Indoor Seating -We’ll be changing the queues to allow some indoor seating, so please take your time and follow the signs. The seating will be very limited as tables and students still need to be 6 feet apart. Please continue physical distancing throughout the dining hall.
- Reusable Containers -We’ll be using reusable containers, though Proctor will be delayed for a couple of weeks. These reusable containers will replace the compostable containers you’ve used so far this semester. Each dining hall will have bins outside and inside to collect the containers. Please be respectful and return all containers, rinsed if possible.
- Beverage Stations - The beverage stations will be open. We will no longer offer bottled and canned beverages after we exhaust our current supply.
To view menus online, go to: https://middlebury.nutrislice.com/ Once you are there, click on a dining hall and then click on the meal and the menu will come up. This link can also be found on our web page.
Starting next week you will see some changes in our retail locations as well.
- Will remain a board replacement meal for lunch only. Students will be allowed to come in and use a meal swipe for lunch Monday – Friday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. There will be limited indoor seating for lunch.
- Late-night service will resume normal retail operations starting Wednesday, Sept. 30. Hours of Operation will be Wednesday – Sunday, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Orders must be placed online using the GrilleMe web page: www.grillme.com There will be no indoor seating for late-night Grille service; pickup-only.
- Crossroads will open on Wednesday, September 30. Please visit our web page: http://www.middlebury.edu/student-life/community-living/dining-services/other-dining-options for hours of operation. Limited indoor seating will be available.
- Wilson Café will remain closed for the time being due to space limitations. We continue to explore possible ways to open, hopefully in October.
- The Dining Services food truck will open this coming Monday, September 28. These meals will be a board replacement and you will not need to pay. However, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Please visit our web page for times and locations the truck will be available.
- Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, there have been delays in the availability of using declining balance. We are currently working on this and hope to have it available soon.
As always please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.
Executive Director of Dining Services