The Debarment and Suspension certification is designed to prevent fraudulent or improper use of government funds.
This federal certification requirement applies to all grants and cooperative agreements and to most contracts. Applicants must certify that they, their principals, their researchers, and any subawardee or contractor receiving $25,000 or more:
- Aren’t debarred, suspended, ineligible for, or excluded from funding by any federal entity
- Haven’t been convicted of fraud or a criminal offense in connection with federal agreements within the past three years
- Haven’t been convicted of violating federal statutes within the past three years
- Haven’t been convicted of committing any form of theft or fraud within the past three years
- Haven’t been charged with any of these crimes by any government entity
- Haven’t had any government agreements terminated for cause or default within the past three years
False certification could result in termination of the grant and debarment, suspension, or both.
Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs
Middlebury College Mail Center
14 Old Chapel Road
Middlebury, VT 05753