The Rohatyn Student Advisory Board (RSAB) publishes a peer-reviewed undergraduate journal, Global Reader, to feature students’ incisive academic papers and research on global issues.
All volumes of the Global Reader can be accessed digitally via the following links. Hard copies of the most recent edition are available in the Robert A. Jones ’59 House.
- Global Reader Volume 4 | 2020
- Global Reader Volume 3 | 2019
- Global Reader Volume 2 | 2018
- Global Reader Volume 1 | 2017
The Global Reader hopes to advance an interdisciplinary understanding of pressing contemporary and historical global issues. It will embody this ethos by accepting a wide range of papers. Essays considered will explore any of the world’s most urgent topics of global interest, such as: migration and trafficking, cybersecurity, millennium development goals, refugees and human rights, politics of freshwater, youth unemployment, food insecurity, global religions, decolonization, questions of gender and sexuality, and more. Please note this list is merely suggestive and not exhaustive.
- Can include short essays, policy articles, creative works, and research papers
- 100-150 word abstract required in submission
- 5-15 pages with one inch margins, Times New Roman, 12 point-size font, double spaced in Microsoft Word
- Must be original work, with quotations and citations properly acknowledged in MLA format.
- IMPORTANT: Create a separate page at the end of your paper to include your name, graduation year, and email to ensure blind-review evaluation
- All submissions must be in English
- For the 2020 edition, submit to email@example.com by February 17, 2020