The Rohatyn Student Advisory Board (RSAB) publishes a peer-reviewed undergraduate journal, The Middlebury Journal of Global Affairs, to feature students’ incisive academic papers and research on global issues.
Through the Middlebury Journal of Global Affairs the Rohatyn Student Advisory Board (RSAB) hopes to advance an interdisciplinary understanding of pressing contemporary and historical global issues.
RSAB welcomes the following
- Opinion pieces on current global issues
- Written responses to past Hot Topics lectures
- Personal narratives of students’ experiences abroad during Covid-19 (students studying remotely during the fall semester or over the summer)
- Poems and short stories
- Academic papers
Submission requirements & guidelines
- Must be original work with international or global focus
- 500-word minimum, 10-page (double-spaced) maximum
- 100-150 word abstract required in submission
- Format: one-inch margins, Times New Roman font, 12-point type, double-spaced, Microsoft Word
- Quotations and citations properly acknowledged in MLA format
- IMPORTANT: Create a separate page at the end of your paper including your name, graduation year, and email to ensure blind-review evaluation; don’t include your name on your abstract or paper
- Submit to email@example.com by February 13, 2021
All volumes of the journal, formerly named the Global Reader, can be accessed digitally via the following links. Hard copies of the most recent edition are available in the Robert A. Jones ’59 House.