The Rohatyn Student Advisory Board (RSAB) publishes a peer-reviewed undergraduate journal, the Middlebury Journal of Global Affairs, featuring students’ incisive academic papers and research on global issues.
The Middlebury Journal of Global Affairs aims to advance an interdisciplinary understanding of pressing contemporary and historical global issues. In doing so, the journal provides undergraduate students from Middlebury College the opportunity to publish original research and advance their academic careers.
Middlebury Journal of Global Affairs welcomes the following
- Academic papers completed for Middlebury College, study abroad, or other college coursework
- Research papers related to an internship or independent research
- Consolidated versions of senior thesis/project or independent study work
- Foreign language academic papers (no translations)
Some volumes of the journal, formerly named the Global Reader, can be accessed digitally via the following links. Hard copies of the most recent edition are available in the Robert A. Jones ’59 House.
More Information about submitting your article.
Submission Requirements and Deadlines
- Submissions must be original academic or otherwise research-based work with an international or global focus. Creative, opinion, and translated pieces (see below) will not be accepted.
- Articles in languages other than English will be accepted provided that they follow all other guidelines/requirements. Translations of foreign language works will not be accepted. Foreign language submissions should identify a faculty member who will agree to edit and review the piece.
- Authors must be willing to work with RSAB to properly edit their articles if selected for publication
- Photographs, charts, and other figures may be submitted but are encouraged to be used sparingly
- 1,000-word minimum, 15-page (double-spaced) maximum
- 100-150 word abstract required at the beginning of the submission
- Format: one-inch margins, Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced
- Submit as a Google Document
- Quotations and citations properly acknowledged in Chicago author-date format, no footnotes
- IMPORTANT: Do not include your name or any other identifying information anywhere in your paper. Only include this information on the submission Google Form.
- Submit at go/submissions by January 15, 2023
- Please direct any questions about submitting work to email@example.com
Tips for submitting your work
- Select a paper from spring or fall 2022 courses that you are proud of and feel meets the submission guidelines
- Ask a faculty member from an appropriate department to review your paper and give feedback
- Thoroughly review your paper for grammatical issues and potentially meet with a CTLR tutor to review these issues as well
- Use Zotero or similar citation software for your citations to ensure they are completed properly
Rohatyn Center for Global Affairs
Robert A. Jones 59 House
148 Hillcrest Road
Middlebury, VT 05753