Resources and Support
Need Help Now?
If you are visiting this page because you need immediate help or this is an emergency, please call 911 or Public Safety.
Middlebury College Public Safety: (802) 443-5133
If you or someone you know has experienced domestic violence, dating violence, stalking or sexual assault, we are here to help.
Middlebury College will be responsive, empathic and considerate to individuals reporting these serious crimes. Protection of individuals who have experienced trauma, and the prevention of continued trauma, is our priority. You deserve to be safe.
If You are Sexually or Otherwise Assaulted on Campus
This is serious, and we are here to help. Here is what to do:
- Get to a safe place as soon as you can.
- If an emergency, call 911 or contact Middlebury College Public Safety at (802) 443-5133
- If you are wishing to or thinking about reporting: try to preserve all physical evidence:
- Do not shower/bathe/wash, change clothing, comb hair, drink or eat, or do anything that would alter a physical exam.
- Do not launder clothing and/or bedding or throw away anything that can be used as evidence.
- If you would like to take college or legal action, you are urged to contact Public Safety immediately at (802) 443-5133
- Get immediate care for physical trauma
Assaults, sexual or otherwise are crimes. Individuals who have been assaulted have the right to pursue adjudication of crimes that occur on the Middlebury College campus through criminal courts and/or through the campus judicial process.
Civil Rights and Title IX Office
Middlebury, VT 05753